ultramag

Double bull blinds

I am thinking about buying one of these,does anyone have any feedback?I am not to sure yet they look like you would sweat you butt off sitting in them.

They are hot as heck. If you can situate them in a shaddy area it is tolerable, but any sun hitting it will heat the room real quick. Even with the top vents open. Think prison hot box.

Bob

I agree. I sat in one a few years ago antelope hunting and it was miserable but it worked great. I thought about using a small electic fan next time but I am sure the antelope would be able to hear it.

They are awesome! The shoot through screen is great and actually doesn't seem to affect arrow flight. They are very hot during the Antelope and Deer hunts but worth it. Probably the best blind on the market. JIM>

so it would be tough to sit in one in august when its 90.

Yes.

It's the air movement type of hot. Seems hotter and you will get restless and eventually give up. You'll actually want to open up vents or the back zipper but thats a bad idea if you have a shoot through screen, your silhouette stands out big time if your background is opened up. It can be good on some of those Antelope hunts for keeping the skeeters and gnats out if your by a waterhole. JIM>

I bought one of the new DB 360 blinds, but I haven't used it much yet. But you sure can take a good nap inside. It didn't seem to get to hot with the screens open. I am going to use it on my bear hunt in August, but I will be in the pines. David

I have used the Double bull Matrix in Texas and Nebraska and they work great. I have one but have yet to use here. As for heat I think its a little cooler that other types of antelope blinds such as plywood or burlap. Two years ago on my antelope hunt I sat one for 13 days and all I can say is that it SUCKS!!!!!

In 90 degree heat there is no blind that will be cool enough.

AZ griz-- As for the fan they work great. I bought a small misting fan that was battery operated and it worked great. You just have to keep your eyes peeled so goats don't sneek in on you when you are cooling off.

One way to tolerate blind sitting is to take a small ice chest with cold water and a couple of wash cloths. You can cool yerself down.

I killed my 'lope out of 1 in August.

The one thing that drives me crazy is you cant see behind you without peeking out of windows.

The DB's seem a little over priced. What makes them better than some of the others on the market?