Tonto Rim

Thoughts on Baiting

Ok.. Forgive me for getting into this but in NM we can't bait... but it is well known that hunting over a ranchers salt can be pretty effective... Question, salt stays in the ground for YEARS... How does G and F going to try and determine old mineral stations from new ones???

I think their plan is to not include salt in the ban so they don't have to worry about this distinction

Hey, i got an idea,

lets sell 1200 plus rifle tags for unit 22, introduce wolves, and tell hunters they can't bait because they are killing too many deer.

yeah. that makes sense.

• Like 5

All,

If you have any input, comments or want to give your ideas or concerns with regard to the removal of hunting over any eatable substance “bait” except salt, minerals, water. Here is your chance to be heard.

As a side note, I want to thank Brian Wakeling from AZGFD for his help and honesty with regard to this potential rule change.

The Commission has just begun the official process to amend Article 3 rules.

I will file the Notices of Rulemaking Docket Opening and Proposed Rulemaking with the Secretary of State’s office this week. I anticipate the Secretary of State’s Public Services Division will publish the notices in the October 5, 2012 Arizona Administrative Register: http://www.azsos.gov/public_services/Register/2012/contents.shtm

This will start the official public comment period, which will run from October 5 to November5, 2012.

In addition, once the rulemaking is published in the Register, I will post the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to the Department’s Internet Rules page: http://www.azgfd.gov/inside_azgfd/rules/rulemaking_updates.shtml

Once you’ve had a chance to review the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (preamble and proposed rule language), you may submit any comments you may have in writing (via USPS mail or e-mail) or by telephone.

The Department will review and consider all comments received during the comment period and will draft the Notice of Final Rulemaking and Economic Impact Statement for the Commission’s review at the January 11, 2013 meeting.

At the January 11 meeting, the Commission may approve, deny, or modify the final rulemaking. The public is welcome to attend the meeting and address the Commission (a speaker slip is required, they are provided at the meeting).

If approved or approved as modified, I will file the Notice of Final Rulemaking and Economic Impact Statement with the Governor’s Regulatory Review Council for their review. The council will vote on the rulemaking package at the May 7, 2013 meeting.