Sign in to follow this  
HuntKaibab

Mullies in the southern parts of 21?

Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile but been trying to find a place within a short drive of N. Phoenix (I live in Anthem) to chase some deer. Just recently started getting into Archery in hopes that it would yield more oppertunity to get out, with my class schedule this year the General season is looking like it will be a weekend deal for me so probably looking to put some more weekends in and maybe arrow one. Thinking about starting at Dugas rd or Bloody Basin but have also had thoughts about trying over near Bartlett or Horseshoe or even N. of lake Pleasant if its even legal to hunt that area? Anyone ever hunt any of these areas or should I bag the local stuff and seek spots elsewhere? Just trying to figure out how close to the ballpark I am with unit 21, and 20B for that matter. Thanks for all the input in advance, good luck to everyone on opening weekend!

-Mike Seivert

I used to hunt a little North of Phoenix all the time.... But then they built a development out there....I think they called it Anthem... anyway you sure don't need to go far.

id say your in the ball park all the areas you mentioned have mule deer. i ve stalked mule deer in what is considered anthem.

I jumped a big buck at 5 yards while quail hunting off of the Bartlett dam road, good 4 point, pushing 28 in wide. Lol, don't know who was more surprised, me or the buck. Was right off the road though,good luck out there.

Thanks you all for for input, hopefully ill get out this weekend.

Camofreak: Glendale CC

Right awwn!! North or main campus?!

Im going to north.