Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

**New arrival Athens R-120, but bittersweet.....

im gonna make this quick cuz im just, well..... so i went to ortho surgeon today and found out no more archery period! shoulder is done rotator cuff so stretched and worn out they cant fix if it breaks i would need joint replacement.. no 40# bow no nothing!

so when i got home my Athens R-120 was at my door. it is amazing the bow i have always wanted and now i guess it will hang on my wall in place of a deer head cuz it is art!!

Thats a good looking bow. I.want to buy one but i want to.shoot one first and the closest shop tbat has them is in kingman. I hope u give.us some.feed back on how it shoots. Thanks for posting the pics

Thats a good looking bow. I.want to buy one but i want to.shoot one first and the closest shop tbat has them is in kingman. I hope u give.us some.feed back on how it shoots. Thanks for posting the pics

you can shoot any of mine! i have a few Athens bows the R-120 will be here shortly.. sold my Recluse to a Air Force guy he loved it after 1 shot.. they are amazing. also have a Accomplice 34 on its way to me. have an exceed now 37" ata nice for targets. also i don't think Kingman has Athens anymore and not sure if they actually did???

If it's really a passion worth staying with, perhaps consider shooting left handed. I'll bet your right shoulder would take it well because you are pushing instead of pulling. Just a thought.

yes i am actually getting scheduled for arthrigram of left shoulder to see what stage im at there.. im assuming it is my nutty arthritis that has caused this but dang prednisone caused hips to collapse and the immune suppressant therapy for my disease has all kinds of nasty side effects not to mention lymphoma and death. :o so if left is better and doc says cool i will get a girly bow and give lefty a try?? heck im worried about shotguns cuz i love dove season but this year i suffer all the way till next shoot and that is just stupid if i could pop tendons. btw my arthritis is thanks to the Gulf and is connective tissue disease not a bone disease like reumatoid.. well the short run with vertical bows was fun but i am glad i happened to request the mri before it was too late.. yes im getting another opinion..

btw the R-120 has a matte black finish that is just gorgeous.. all the other Athens have a stock satin low sheen black that is very sweet but positively has a little sheen this one is flat i did not know that till i opened box. :D if i had my way every bow and every ground blind would be predator brown camo and my Athens crossbow will be predator whenever they are oficially available.

i think i might have couple bows for sale here pretty quick..

1 Accomplice 34, 34" ata, 30.5"draw, 70#. all black with orange accents

Athens Exceed 300 37ata, 30.5 draw, 60#, all black, carbon fiber limbs, flo orange threads