Sign in to follow this  
drgonzales

anyone near safford

Ghost Hunter:

I grew up in Bowie. Is Willcox getting any rain? My dad graduated from HS in Bowie, and has hunted all over 30A and 29. Hopefully we'll be down in the fall for deer, but quail anyway. Good luck in the draw.

Craig.

Alot of people on this site from around the Safford area..Any of you getting hits on your CC

I got hit for deer and turkey

3 of my choices for deer were for 31, late1, early2, middle3, then 27,28 late, and last choice 32 late

hopefull I pull off a dec hunt, it would be nice to chase them in dec with a rifle instead of a bow.

what about the rest of the saffordites any luck?

nothing for me. the other half said any weekend cc hits wont show till monday on the internet.(az credit union). not too concerned about deer just really hoping for my first archery bull tag.

Alot of people on this site from around the Safford area..Any of you getting hits on your CC

I got hit for deer and turkey

3 of my choices for deer were for 31, late1, early2, middle3, then 27,28 late, and last choice 32 late

hopefull I pull off a dec hunt, it would be nice to chase them in dec with a rifle instead of a bow.

what about the rest of the saffordites any luck?

Got 3 hits for deer on my cc. All 31 hunts. Late hunt, middle hunt were that order for choices. Those are the only two deer hunts I applied for, for my wife and I. My dad has, late hunt, early hunt as his choices. I also may have drawn a cow elk hunt for the 3 units down there, 28/31/32. Not sure how I feel about that, but I do get a week off from teaching during the hunt I applied for, so I can spend it hunting elk, and scouting for deer. Hope everyone drew what they were hoping for.

Ghost Hunter:

I grew up in Bowie. Is Willcox getting any rain? My dad graduated from HS in Bowie, and has hunted all over 30A and 29. Hopefully we'll be down in the fall for deer, but quail anyway. Good luck in the draw.

Craig.

I know 29 has taken a pretty big hit from the drought. I used to hunt it pretty hard, as well as my family. We have all since moved units. Some areas have been hit harder than others, but the last time I was down there, it looked pretty bad. A lot of dead everything. As the monsoon has been hitting, I have been looking at the radar quite often, especially on days that it builds up in the afternoon. It looks like there have been some good cells that have been popping up down there. At least on the radar anyways. I'd be interested to know how it looks down there as well.

Well guys, don't break out the waders just yet. 29 gets cloud build-up almost every day, but as of yet, hasn't gotten much rain. They haven't even got enough to get the creeks running. One lady who moved to W. Turkey Creek a long time ago, said that this is the first year since 1932 that Turkey Creek didn't run during the winter. What rain there is has been spotty and light for the most part.

As for the quail, the first little one I saw were just a week or so ago and they only had 4-5 per pair.

I got hit on my AZSCU account for 78.00, two for 19.50 and a 12.50...Don't bother telling me how lucky we were. I'm going on an archery bull hunt, a coues hunt in 31 (not sure which one), and an oinker. My wife got drawn for the late coues! We pulled it off this year. When it rains it pours!

Howdy bud, another boy from Safford. I also got some hits on my cc, looks like we got 3 deer tags and 2 elk, just waiting to here which hunts.

I'm from Safford and Like to hunt large Muleys near where you work so keep giving me good info so I could have more success.

I'm from Safford and Like to hunt large Muleys near where you work so keep giving me good info so I could have more success.

Took me a while to see that remark there Hunt4horns!! My lips are sealed from here on out.

How could you!!!

I'll never do that again, but believe me if I didn't do what I did others were gonna, too many people were finding out and i never expected to see them where I did. They caught me by suprise. Next time I'll throw stones at them. They weren't where you think they were but not far off .

Thought I would resurrect this thread to see how many others are from the Safford area.

I am still here. Who else is?