Sign in to follow this  
bigorange

The MOST wonderful time of the year

Football season starts this week, archery deer already open, dove season opens this weekend, and elk rut starting up. Man, this is my FAVORITE time of the year!

Dec-Jan archery deer and bowl season a close second of course! :D

• Like 2

I've always felt October was the best time of the year here in AZ. You have fall colors up north and down south, football in full swing, better weather in the deserts, all kinds of hunting and even some great fishing, not to mention my birthday (I guess that makes me a little biased). The exception to the rule is when I have an archery bull tag in Sept. like this year or whenever I finally get drawn for that darn rifle antelope tag.

Lee

October....baseball playoffs, cooler weather, deer season.

Dove taste like poop, It's 105+ degrees and football is WAY overrated.

October....baseball playoffs, cooler weather, deer season.

Dove taste like poop, It's 105+ degrees and football is WAY overrated.

Ba-humbug.! :P Although, I will agree about Dove tasting like doo doo.

NFL Football season is my favorite time of year. Go Vikes!

Tired of the stinkin heat. North Pole sounds good.

Looking forward to winter archery season.

Well...my Vols won last night, I got out for a nice stalk today on 2 mulie bucks and found a shed while I was at it (will try to post a pic in the sheds thread later...not sure I can post pics from iPad or not...?) taking the kids to the UofA game tonight, and probably take them out for doves at least once before this long weekend is over.

Like I said...my favorite time of the year! :D

Well...my Vols won last night, I got out for a nice stalk today on 2 mulie bucks and found a shed while I was at it (will try to post a pic in the sheds thread later...not sure I can post pics from iPad or not...?) taking the kids to the UofA game tonight, and probably take them out for doves at least once before this long weekend is over.

Like I said...my favorite time of the year! :D

Been working on a big project at La Paloma. All the U of A football players were up there last night and today

Let me just say it again...camping in the mountains this weekend with the family listening to the elk bugle, came home to find out that my UT Vols and UofA Wildcats had both busted into the Top 25. On top of that, 5 days until I'll be back in the mountains chasing elk with bow in hand!

The MOST wonderful time of the year... :D