Sign in to follow this  

Watched a clip on a gas station today, I think they said in Michigan.

They offered $1.84 gas to the first 150 customers, line was so big and people waited so long they bumped it up to 200.

They were celebrating cause $1.84 was the price of gas when Obama took office.

Celebrating as in, trying to get the attention of the President and his great economic accomplishments over the last 4 years..........

Our gas jumped 12 cents a gallon over night last night.....I always wonder what hurricane has hit again..........

I dont pay too much attention to gas, unless I am filling up a work truck but diesel has been ALL over the map the past 6 weeks or so! I was paying "as little as" I think $3.26/gallon and then within a few weeks it was up to $4.26, now its "down" to $3.89

Does anybody want to go fifths for red diesel and pour two stroke oil in it to keep AAA with a badge happy? Seriously though, Obama loves OPEC and has no intentions of getting out of bed with them or Eric Holder.

I don't know how many of you watched 60 minutes last night, but they had a big story on oil and what influences the price. Apparently one of the biggest influences of price is the futures market. Based on activity in the futures market, the price can go up even if actual demand is declining and physical supply is increasing. I think they said Morgan Stanley was the biggest futures market trader and had way more influence over the market than the largest oil supplier. I keep track of the price I pay for gas when I fill up and looking back at the prices, they are all over the map. It's never made any sense to me, and now I know why.....speculative trading.

I don't know how many of you watched 60 minutes last night, but they had a big story on oil and what influences the price. Apparently one of the biggest influences of price is the futures market. Based on activity in the futures market, the price can go up even if actual demand is declining and physical supply is increasing. I think they said Morgan Stanley was the biggest futures market trader and had way more influence over the market than the largest oil supplier. I keep track of the price I pay for gas when I fill up and looking back at the prices, they are all over the map. It's never made any sense to me, and now I know why.....speculative trading.

Didn't watch that report however I could not agree more with it. Speculation is key when it comes to oil prices. You hear a hint of war and the gas goes up as investors hedge against the possible fall out. Then you have inflation/deflation that come into play. Since gas is a world commodity these emerging markets keep prices high, and companies sustain them to keep profits rising. Thats why we need more domestic oil, producers, referneries etc. Think of the money, jobs and security we could provide ourselves if we invested in ourself (just in engery).

Does anybody want to go fifths for red diesel and pour two stroke oil in it to keep AAA with a badge happy? Seriously though, Obama loves OPEC and has no intentions of getting out of bed with them or Eric Holder.

I put an ounce of two stroke for each gallon anyway.

This is a multi front problem.

Keep in mind that 60 min is part of a liberal media organization and we're approaching a Presidental election. I'm just saying......

So then I am on my way to school this morning and they report that AAA claims that gas prices are headed down.

Uhhhhhhhhh, OK, it jumped .12 cents over night and now went down a penny.

4 years ago, I did the green thing, parked my 79 Ford, 10 MPG truck and started driving a little Toyota. You know, energy saving, easier on my gas pocket.

Now I pay as much to fill up the little Toyota as I used to on my big truck.............granted, I get more MPG but just peeves me........

• Like 1

Watch out for those liberal media stations, they always try to point the finger somewhere else.

STILL...... Bush's fault!!