Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

If it ain't broke...

So I posted a few days ago about a new 5 pin sight that I mounted on my bow. Seems like a minor change, and shouldn't make too many waves right? Well it wouldn't have if I didn't get the "tinkering bug" and change out to a tubeless peep sight, installed slip-jax and re-fletched all of my arrows with Quik-Spins... Now I feel like I'm starting with a brand new bow that I have very little confidence in! What's worse is that I can see some torque problems in the arrow flight that were not present before I made the changes. Nothing like re-teaching yourself basic form... To top it all off, I shot the 2013 PSE X-Force DNA at my local shop on demo day and I can see just how much slower my 2009 Browning Verado really is... and it's practically BRAND NEW!!! If I had the money I would have ordered the PSE because it was beautiful!

You have plenty of time to tune and work through it.

Don't stress ! It'll workout . B)

What's the specs on that 2013 PSE X-Force DNA ? I haven't seen one yet.

Yeah, just have to tune it back in. Did you change your fletch colors to brighter ones? If so what you may be seeing is the fletching spinning on the end of the arrow. Sometimes there's an illusion that your arrows are sketchy, but what your seeing is the fletching. Bareshaft tuning will really tell you what happening.

Never mind , I looked it up.

6 " brace

31"ata

3.7 pounds

352 IBO

New riser that looks like a Bowtech center pivot style

Flex cable slide

Looks Nice !

You have plenty of time to tune and work through it.

Don't stress ! It'll workout . B)

I work with a PSE pro-staffer who made me shoot it ;) and I'm not really a bowsmith so I'll do my best to point out the stuff I remember reading and heard from the pro's... Here's the write-up I got from a quick google search: (I don't know how this site is about posting URL's to other websites) but if you google it it is contained in PSE's blog site.

"When the Drurys challenged the engineers at PSE to design a lightweight, high performance hunting bow, it seemed impossible. Stripping down a current model or creating a bow that was too expensive for most hunters was not an option. Instead, PSE’s engineers set out to design a bow that was entirely different, all the way down to its DNA™. Introducing the Dream Season® DNA™ by PSE. Created by using a riser forged out of state-of-the-art, ultra-light and ultra-strong aluminum alloy, the new DNA™ weighs in at only 3.7 lbs. It features PSE’s new Center Pull technology that places the arrow in the exact center of the bow for unparalleled tuneability and exceptional performance. The amazing new Core™ cam produces speeds of up to 352 fps, has 5 inches of draw length adjustment on the inner-cam, and is incredibly smooth. The DNA™ also features the new Centerlock 2™ Limb Pockets, FleX™ Cable Slide, Backstop 2™ and all the other features you expect from PSE. The new Dream Season® DNA™ is not only the best hunting bow we’ve ever made…It’s the best hunting bow EVER made!"

If you know where your local PSE dealer/pro-staffer is you can pre-order them now. I have to say it is about the lightest bare bow I have held and the draw cycle is absolute silk. I usually don't get caught up with speed, but shooting it next to my bow was a huge eye-opener.

And I couldn't leave well enough alone, tried to swap out back to my old peep sight and busted tw strands with the string separator. Bow is at the shop getting a brand new string. It's gonna be a Vapor trail so hopefully after the install and tuning (and $120 later) I'll have a peep that doesn't turn on me and a few more FPS... I should have used a bow press, or just taken it in to the shop- by the way... Black Velvet Archery in Sierra Vista is a pretty awesome shop. Dave is a great guy and hasn't made fun of me too much yet for my stupidity and bad luck!

I fletched arrows a while ago with those same fletchings and my groups were way low. Went right back to the blazers and shot normal again. Didnt think it would shoot any different but it did.

I fletched arrows a while ago with those same fletchings and my groups were way low. Went right back to the blazers and shot normal again. Didnt think it would shoot any different but it did.

Willing to bet that what you gain in centripetal force you lose in arrow speed because of the kickers on the vanes. In theory it's a good concept, except that you may see the speed loss at longer distances. Also if you don't mind the hmm as well.