SDHunter11

Kaibab or SLC

Guest wdenike

I am new to the forum. But I have read it for quite some time and enjoy it. I too am looking to either buy the SLC 15x56 or the Vortex Kiabab 15x56. And hoping to get a little bit more feedback. I also have been lucky enough to make some plans within the next week to two weeks to actually put them side-by-side on tripods so I can get close and personal with them. But in the meantime, if there are any that already made the decision and care to say how it turned out for them. I sure will be all ears. Thanks in advance.

Take care, Willie

I can glass at least 15 minutes longer (early morning or evening) with my swarovski's than my brother in law.

The clarity is better during the day.

I had to take the objective lens covers off to "sqeeze" them together for my eyes to fit them, but they are perfect.

I can glass for hours and have no eye fatigue or 'dizziness' when i come out of them.

I AM GLAD I BIT THE BULLET FOR THE SWAROVSKIS!! NO COMPLAINTS HERE.

Jeff

Depends on what you can afford. The kiabads are great glass but the Swarovski are even better. I started out withe the kiabads for awhile but then bought the swaros. I can glass longer with the swaros, my eyes don't get that tired.

I have had lots of different 15s. I had the old doctor 15x60 and they are decent for and older pair. Then sold those for some kibabs and didn't care for them to much. Good glass but edge quality is lacking. I then sold those and got a pair of the B model 15x60 Ziess and absolutely love them! Great light gathering and edge quality. Crystal clear image. The only draw back to them is size and weight. This is why I now have the swaro 15s. Between the swaro and ziess 15s I think they are noticeably the best in all areas. (Even prefer them over the much more expensive Leicas) go swarovski all the way. They are are easy to find and can usually get a great deal on a used set.

I thought the Kaibabs worked pretty well on my hunt, but I noticed the same things everyone has; not as clear on the edges, not too great in low light. I am a little worried about the slcs getting tight enough for my narrow eyes, but I think I am going to get the swaros. I think spending the money will pay off in the long run.

• Like 1

I played with the same thoughts as well......I fiqured why screw around and cut corners....I ordered the sworos almost 2 years ago.....best investment I ever made in my hunting tools!.....

P.S......always cracks me up hearing people say that there vortex are just as good as the sworos.....um ....no......why does everyone compare everything to sworo.....there is a reason....they are the best optik out there!

Buy them once....buy Sworos and never look back!