SDHunter11

Kaibab or SLC

Looking to get a pair of 15x56 binocs for the upcoming season. Is the Swarovski SLC worth the extra $700, or should I go with the Kaibabs?

Try both of em out, some people prefer kiabab over swaros, personally I dont like the kiababs only cuz they don't fit my face,

See what suits u better

I have viewed the Kaibabs and 15 SLC side by side. My eyes did not care for the Kaibabs too much. The edge to edge clarity wasn't close to the SLC's. The center image was nice and clear however. If you get a chance, do a side x side early AM or in the evening. This time of day will show you what you want and the difference.

I prefer the SLC's hands-down.

Always fun to be in the market for new optics. Good luck.

i too have the kaibabs and loved them for awhile but now i would like to sell them and get the slc's ! I should of spent the extra cash when I had it cuz now im looking to upgrade again! just not as crisp as the slcs. and dont fit my face like the slc's do!

SLC

I may be going against the majority here but I have looked through both for long periods of time. Yes I can say Swaro’s 15’s are better but when I made this decision I couldn’t justify the $700.00. I looked at game in various lighting conditions and could say the Kaibab’s performed extraordinarily well and gave up so little to the Swaro’s(Swaro’s edge performance was better, sweet spot was a little bigger). I ended up saving that 700.00 and buying a nice tripod and an Outdoorsman’s head. When it comes down to glassing and you are looking for those critters you will not be at a disadvantage at all if you are sitting next to someone with the Swaro’s. All of this comes down to your eyes and what they prefer! I would do the same as I did and go look through them and feel comfortable with your dicision.

I own the SLC Swaro 15x and mine just needed some repairs so I sent them in. Well in the mean time my buddy has allowed me to borrow his Kiababs HD. I took them out this last weekend and I can tell a difference. 1 thing I could tell was the picture would bend (if that makes since). 2nd thing is I would get a little dizzy when I would back away. Oh ya and when I first got behind them it took me awhile to get adjusted (focused in) and I was tring so hard to focus as clear as my swaro and could never get there, YES there is a difference and yes it is well worth the extra money to get the swaros.

If you buy anything get them online so you can save 100.00 from having to pay tax (but don't buy from online store that has a store in Arizona). If you buy from a store online that has a store in Arizona you will have to pay the Tax.

Also you could wait for a deal and get them around 1400.00 on up to list if you wait for someone to sell their pair. I bought mine for 1400.00 3 years ago and the Kiabab HD are 1200.00 so only a 200.00 difference. Good luck on your quest.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I ended up ordering the Kaibabs and I will try them out for a weekend or two. If I like them (concerned about them fitting my face) I will probably keep them for a few years and upgrade to the swaros. If I don't like the fit I will send them back and get the swaros. I hope they fit so I can sit on them for a few years and look for a deal on the swaros. I have a few other items I would like to buy this year (yeti cooler for one) and the extra $ would help me justify it to the wife!! Haha. Apparently she still remembers the cost of me sheep hunt two years ago.