azcamohead

Unbelievable Dept. Mess UP!!!

Everyone needs to realize that the online is here to stay, the only thing you need to start thinking about is the fact that in the next two years AZGFD will have hunter ed online, just like every other state and out of state hunters can get an extra bonus point to help them draw "OUR" tags. We need to fight to keep the tags in our hands and away from out of staters. Andy

The out of staters are back on the cap! OR so they say, but who knows!!!! ALL I KNOW IS THAT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF NOT GETTING DRAWN FOR OUR OWN STATE!!!! And "OUR" tags is right!!!! I dont think the online application is here to stay if enough sportmens express there concern for the mess ups that have happened and the fact that SO MANY EXTRA PEOPLE PUT IN!!!!

Everyone needs to realize that the online is here to stay, the only thing you need to start thinking about is the fact that in the next two years AZGFD will have hunter ed online, just like every other state and out of state hunters can get an extra bonus point to help them draw "OUR" tags. We need to fight to keep the tags in our hands and away from out of staters. Andy

first I am an AZ res, you need to realize that 90% of the tags belong to AZ RES and the other up to 10% belong to Non res. Are you saying that the NR should not be allowed to hunt AZ?

I apply to every single other state as a NR. Do you think that we should be able to apply in other states? I feel like your statement is pretty one sided. I doubt that the NR will ever take all of our tags. I dont agree with the USO deal, but I do pay taxes and that does give you and I the opportunity to hunt as a NR in other states. So why should it be different here in AZ? It is a chance for the NR but not much of a chance!!! Thats fine with me.

10% is a lot but it is still very little in the whole scope of the draw.

You guys need to look at Utah!!! They only allow you to apply for DEER or ELK and only 1 ONCE IN A LIFETIME HUNT per year. AZ will at least allow you to apply for everything!!! We dont have it that bad, WHAT WOULD MAKE IT BETTER IS IF ALL OF THESE HILLBILLIES WOULD STOP PUTTING IN THIER ENTIRE FAMILIES IN THE DRAW!!!

The out of staters are back on the cap! OR so they say, but who knows!!!! ALL I KNOW IS THAT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF NOT GETTING DRAWN FOR OUR OWN STATE!!!! And "OUR" tags is right!!!! I dont think the online application is here to stay if enough sportmens express there concern for the mess ups that have happened and the fact that SO MANY EXTRA PEOPLE PUT IN!!!!

Who are these "extra people" u talk about so much. I am a sportsmen and for one think that everyone should have the same chance at a hunt reguardless of draw methods. Share the outdoors and its beauty dont be greedy with it.

Well I believe this years draw has been the most controversial ever. Way more mistakes and inconsistencies have been reported than I can ever recall. Petitions might help but A LOT of people have to speak up and sign on.

I agree that requesting the draw go to all mail in is a good plan but probably won't happen since it is lots easier to process aps if they don't have to key everything. I also heard that the new legal team for AGFD (Dewey Takem & Howe) has weighed in and is recommending more online processes so there is no paper trail. Lets them spend more time on the golf course.

It also Saves money for the AGFD to buy new trucks every year and fund crucial studies like how many salamanders are left in a mudhole when it dries up.

I am glad that USO got slammed and put in their place. I don't mind giving up 10% of the tags to the NR's because I too am allowed to hunt in the other states as a NR and I accept their policies and procedures. Fact is, there are more applicants than hunt opportunities. It has been this way for quite awhile. There are things you can do to increase your odds, areas and times of year that will increase your odds. We all can't hunt the late whitetail. Use that as a first choice, but after that, pick units and times of year that give you better odds. If that doesn't work, you can still buy the archery deer tag over the counter. You can always find a way to hunt. Blaming the NR's and lumping them all together is wrong

Trufletch

One further note- my heart goes out to everyone whose draw got honked up by either G&F or the company they contracted with. It's only right that amends are made, even if they have to issue some extra tags, they did that with the USO fiasco. I think whatever company has the contract to conduct the draws should have to demonstrate the accuracy of their respective system and when they mess it up(which they will) pay restitution(fines) to not only the state but the individuals who got hosed. Hit their pockets and they may get it straight.

We have to remember that if they go back to paper only applications, all those things have to be fat-fingered into a computer database. When you factor in human error, you will still have issues.

Good luck to all whose apps were messed up and are fighting with G&F

Trufletch

I do not hunt in other states first of all. It's not that I would not want to, but I can afford to only hunt in Arizona. I enjoy hunting in Arizona. I only have time to hunt in Arizona and scout it the way it should be done. When I get around to retiring and have the time to hunt other states I will be able to afford it and will have time for it. So I do not mind having NR hunters in Arizona as long as I do not have to go in behind them and clean up their mess. 10% cap is good by me.

As for these boys in Tennesee... I wouldn't mind them coming to Arizona and being out in the desert where I hunt. Might get me a few Tennesee computer hacks to hang on the wall. No probably to ugly to look at.

Oh well for those who got tags good luck. For those that didn't and should have good luck with the Game and

Fish.And for those of you who did not get drawn good luck in the spring and next year.

Lee

Who are these "extra people" u talk about so much. I am a sportsmen and for one think that everyone should have the same chance at a hunt reguardless of draw methods. Share the outdoors and its beauty dont be greedy with it.

Those extra people i am talking about are....The extra 30,000 people that put in this year opposed to last year! Dont take my thinking in the wrong way, everyone deserves the chance to hunt, but i think the online app. process should be done away with. If your not willing to cut the dept a check and send it in, then your not that devoted. Personally myself, and i am by no means rich or wealthy, i would be more then happy with increasing the costs of permits/lisc. even more then the dept is going to this next year. It would only be a benefit to all of us.

azcamohead I agree with you on the paper app. and paying up front, I like the idea of paying up front to begin with whether it is paper or online. I will still apply if they raise the fees because I love to hunt and try to budget it into my year, but the people it will hurt the most are the average hunters or the hunting families, it might also turn off the people that are just getting into hunting. The one group of people it will not hurt are the ones that use companies like uso and the wealthy, these people have money and price doesn't matter to them, uso would be behind you one hundred percent in this because it is going to increase the odds of all of their customers which means more money for them. Game and fish will still sell their full allotment of tags and they will make more money than ever and we will still be on here pissing and moaning about what tag we can never draw and how our bonus points system sucks and how the system is corrupt, and it will be a never ending process that we will deal with year after year. Good luck to all who drew and for those that didn't Good luck and I hope I see you during archery season.

Thanks Michael for sticking up for NR's' 10% ain't all that many tags.

AP15, Isn't 90% of YOUR TAGS enough. Wouldn't be a shame if we were all only allowed to hunt in OUR own states and never get to experience the Rocky Mtns of Colorado or the Missouri River Breaks of Montana or the Wind River Range of Wyoming or the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Idaho.

trufletch, your right on the money.

peckl1, I've done alot of out of state hunts and pick up more crap on the mountain left by the residents than I care to talk about.

azcamohead, I can't afford to send all those high NR tags fees up front. How in the world does that mean I'm not devoted. I love to hunt as much as anyone on the moutain and devote as much time as I can afford to my obsession.

Deerslam,

I am sure not talking about anyone on this site when I talk about picking up after people. It never fails however, I'll see some out state plates out there and when there gone I find myself taking down turn here paper plates and shot up targets. The turn here plates always lead to the camps of the NRS. Usually there is at least a trash bag full of stuff when I'm done.

Good luck on your hunting and if you ever draw 36a look me up.

Lee

I have no problem with NR hunters and I think that they are probably more respectful of the land than some of the goofballs I've seen out in the field. Deerslam brings up a good point about not being able to hunt in any other states. I personally have never hunted out of state but I do plan to in the upcoming years. I think 10% isn't too bad.

With as much as the tags are going to increase next year I would be opposed to further increases. When you put in by yourself it's not that big of a deal, but if you have a family that likes to hunt then it's going to get pricey for a lot of people. Not everybody gets out in the field with over $2000 worth of optics and high dollar rifles and scopes, some of us are just average joe's that don't have the money for that stuff. I hope hunting doesn't get too expensive in the coming years.

Thanks Michael for sticking up for NR's' 10% ain't all that many tags.

AP15, Isn't 90% of YOUR TAGS enough. Wouldn't be a shame if we were all only allowed to hunt in OUR own states and never get to experience the Rocky Mtns of Colorado or the Missouri River Breaks of Montana or the Wind River Range of Wyoming or the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Idaho.

trufletch, your right on the money.

peckl1, I've done alot of out of state hunts and pick up more crap on the mountain left by the residents than I care to talk about.

azcamohead, I can't afford to send all those high NR tags fees up front. How in the world does that mean I'm not devoted. I love to hunt as much as anyone on the moutain and devote as much time as I can afford to my obsession.

If you cant afford to pay high NR tags, then i dont know what to tell you! Im not saying your not a devoted hunter, but like the guy above said hes not rich at all but he knows how to budget for his hunting! That is pretty much the same boat im in...all i have to do is budget! Im not talking about jacking the prices sky high, but i know one thing, i would most certainly be willing to pay more money for out top of the line hunts!

I just recieved an email from a friend of mine telling me that game and fish contacted him stating that some numbers were incorrect on his credit card, but didn't get many details. They told him he wasn't charged the full amount and said he could send in the rest on a money order and receive a tag. I am still praying that all four of my rejected apps come back with the correct info they stated wasn't on there. They are mailing them out to me. What a mess. David

"WHAT WOULD MAKE IT BETTER IS IF ALL OF THESE HILLBILLIES WOULD STOP PUTTING IN THIER ENTIRE FAMILIES IN THE DRAW!!!"

I thought hunting was supposed to be a family activity? What's wrong with entire families applying for hunts? Are you saying my 3 kids and myself should not be applying for hunts just so you can have a better chance of drawing a tag?

I don't understand the arguments of people that don't get drawn. There are more people wanting to hunt than animals available. End of story, and it will not change.

Yet, if you try to weed out the weekend hunter or the guy that just wants to take his kids and buddies deer hunting once a year like his dad and buddies did, then you are going to lose the sport all together.

Every 4 years, when elections role around, all the so-called SERIOUS hunters are begging for support on wildlife issues, gun control issues, etc from ALL SPORTSMEN/Women, but when it comes time to send in your tag applications, they want to limit the amount of people that can even apply for hunt.

Vote to save hunting! But please don't apply for a tag so I can get drawn!

PETA loves that!