PRDATR

Hiking Socks Smartwool vs other brands

I haven't found anything that comapares to Smartwool for wicking away moisture and they don't get matted down even after having them on for 12 hours.

I have actually worn them two days in a row ( taking them off at night) and they just seem to go and go. I hate the high price though and while looking for better pricing found a company called sockcompanydotcom which has free shipping offers and good pricing too.

Has anyone found something better?

I have noticed a lot of company's now make smartwool type socks. Lorpen are pretty good and the UnderArmour stuff is good for warm weather. I will buy darn tough socks next since I consistently see a lot of guys ranking these even a little higher than Smart Wool.

I like Lorpen, but the outfitter series sock from Cabelas are really good too. I like the padded shin area they have, I little bit more protection from the cat claw...

wigwam's merino comfort hiker are my favorite socks. i've worn them all... from smart wool to icebreaker to rei to you name it. It's been merino wool socks for the last seven years. every day. Wigwams are the only thing i'll wear anymore.

wigwam's merino comfort hiker are my favorite socks. i've worn them all... from smart wool to icebreaker to rei to you name it. It's been merino wool socks for the last seven years. every day. Wigwams are the only thing i'll wear anymore.

Maybe I'll stop by during lunch and pick up a pair.