Sign in to follow this  
dieselroe

Smaller Archery Bear

Killed this bear opening day in August. Had four tags in my pocket(deer, turkey, bear, lion). Heard a near by turkey in the morning but it came down to the excitement of shooting my first archery bear just before dusk. Didn't see any deer, but I was only there one day.....lol He dropped faster then anything I've ever shot. Thanks to be to God.

post-4713-0-62668800-1350940472_thumb.jpg

Did some calling two weeks ago and only saw foxes. Looking forward to Dec. Archery deer and taking a friend on a Nov. Coues hunt.

• Like 1

Shooting a small bear with a bow is sorta like willing a small lottery jackpot. Congratulations an a nice looking bear!

Congratulations! Any animal with a bow is a big accomplishment and especially a bear! You are a lucky man to only have hunted for one day and tagged a bear!

Congratulations! Any animal with a bow is a big accomplishment and especially a bear! You are a lucky man to only have hunted for one day and tagged a bear!

+1 quite an accomplishment. Great bear.

I think its still gonna make a nice rug. Should be 4-5 feet and he had a nice coat. Think it was around 160 or so pounds.

Been there, done that. It was my first archery bear, too. Makes for an easier pack out, especially when you are alone! Good job and great eating!