Sign in to follow this  
ProSlayer

Drop tine bucks.

This aug I had a "drop main beam" 5x5 buck at 10 yrds. No bow, left it in the tent! Idiot!!!! Coolest buck I've ever seen!

Hope to get him next year!

I have never seen one in the wild or on any of my trail cams. :( Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Shot a mulie back in the early 80s that had a drop tine on the right side. The back foot on the opposite side was deformed. Game warden told me that an abnormality on one side of the rack normally coincided with an abnormality on the opposite side foot or leg. Never confirmed that, and that is the only buck I have taken that had a drop tine. Shot that buck north of Oracle Junction. Would have won a contest at the Cash Box in Tucson if I would have registered prior to the hunt. My luck, a day late and a dollar short!

Here is a buck I picked up while shed hunting this spring.

post-2501-0-16297900-1351202914_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to remind everyone that one of the cool features of the redesigned non-forum part of the website is that you can click on tags like "droptine" , "extra beam" and it will pull up photos of bucks matching those criteria. (and yes I know it's not mule deer, but figure you guys still like to look at droptine coues bucks) www.coueswhitetail.com look for the tags in righthand margin of main page