elkaholic

what we should have known

or should i have said what we knew but was ignored!!??

http://news.investor...m#ixzz2Be6LplFA

WHY ROMNEY LOST =

"He was never the right candidate. Plain and simple. The anti-Obama vote got him close but it wasn't enough. He wasn't a sweeping vision candidate. People weren't voting so much for Romney. People were voting more against Obama. It's tough to win that way."

Listening to the radio this morning one guy had some things he was throwing out there as to the failure of the Romney/Ryan ticket.

1. Republicans have failed to keep up with the hispanic, asian and women voters in our changing society.

2. Republicans have this ideal that they think things can be run the same way now as back 30-50 years ago, namely, the concept that everybody wants to work and should work to contribute to our nation.

3. When you have somebody handing out freebies and you campaign that you are going to make cuts to programs that involve those freebies.....you are going to lose all of those freebie votes. No sugar was offered by the republican campaign to sooth the sweet tooth of the takers.

As I watched coverage of this election, people standing and waiting to vote in New York.......I realized that our demographics have changed. The crowd waiting to get inside were dressed in middle east attire.....muslim maybe I don't know...........if I had been standing in that line I woulda thought I was in a foreign country.

My point is...........we do have alot of diversity and we have people who come here and are now trying to change what we have here to look like what they came from.

Being the good natured people that we are we have allowed all of this diversity of race, religion and theology to take advantage of those exact freedoms to be used against us.

If you look at the belt of red you see states, cities and towns that probably are still God fearing people, still stuck in their ways, and still just want to make a living.

If you look at the blue states, you see "progressive" thinkers who are probably less God fearing, more forward thinkers in their minds.

Of course this is a generalization.............but I bet I am not too far off on my thinking.............

• Like 3

Listening to the radio this morning one guy had some things he was throwing out there as to the failure of the Romney/Ryan ticket.

1. Republicans have failed to keep up with the hispanic, asian and women voters in our changing society.

2. Republicans have this ideal that they think things can be run the same way now as back 30-50 years ago, namely, the concept that everybody wants to work and should work to contribute to our nation.

3. When you have somebody handing out freebies and you campaign that you are going to make cuts to programs that involve those freebies.....you are going to lose all of those freebie votes. No sugar was offered by the republican campaign to sooth the sweet tooth of the takers.

As I watched coverage of this election, people standing and waiting to vote in New York.......I realized that our demographics have changed. The crowd waiting to get inside were dressed in middle east attire.....muslim maybe I don't know...........if I had been standing in that line I woulda thought I was in a foreign country.

My point is...........we do have alot of diversity and we have people who come here and are now trying to change what we have here to look like what they came from.

Being the good natured people that we are we have allowed all of this diversity of race, religion and theology to take advantage of those exact freedoms to be used against us.

If you look at the belt of red you see states, cities and towns that probably are still God fearing people, still stuck in their ways, and still just want to make a living.

If you look at the blue states, you see "progressive" thinkers who are probably less God fearing, more forward thinkers in their minds.

Of course this is a generalization.............but I bet I am not too far off on my thinking.............

SORRY.....BUT SCREW THAT.

I don't want to pander for votes just to get a guy with an R behind his name in White House.

The reason he lost was because he tried to go to the center instead of going to the right. First day of the RCP, they voted to silence the conservatives (Tea party, NRA, evangellicals, etc.)

12,000,000 FEWER republicans voted this time as opposed to 2008.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

I felt proud of a comment my wife made to very close freind who supported obummer- they were celebrating 4 more yrs of this bum! when asked how she felt!!

" I feel about as safe as the U.S. Consolate in Libya was. Never shoulda happened. Buckle your seatbelt. "

Romney won the vote of the white 18-29 year olds

Obama won the vote of the Minority 18-29 year olds

Imagine that.

DB is right. Romney lost because of the media, and he was not agressive enough with right wing ideals. He has been too "center"

I am not a big fan of Romney just because he is republican. He is just a better choice then Obama.......by far!

12,000,000 Republicans should be ashamed of themselves for not voting.

Another thing I heard on talk radio today stands very true. In the primary elections the republicans kill each other and drag up things about each other that are for ever damaging. The dens don't get as cut throat with each other. Those things stick with people forever.

Another thing I heard on talk radio today stands very true. In the primary elections the republicans kill each other and drag up things about each other that are for ever damaging. The dens don't get as cut throat with each other. Those things stick with people forever.

Well, this time around, the DEMS had no primary. Big advantage. In 2008, Obama and Hillary tore into each other pretty good.

For the first time in the past 40 years, more republicans were registered to vote than democrats. The reason Romney lost was because republicans were outvoted 32% to 38% by democrats. The republicans just didn't show up. Democrats have a very good ground game and are very good at getting people to the polls. This election we didn't have a very solid candidate to begin with, and the anti-Obama platform was apparently not good enough to get people to show up. Obama had 8,500,000 less votes than in 2008. But Romney couldn't even pull the same amount of votes that McCain did in 2008. He was about 2,000,000 shy of that number.

I'm quite disappointed in my party, and the people who didn't show up to vote.

This one of the most important elections in history to save our Constitution, and our Rights, and republicans who are supposedly on our side, sat on the sidelines with their hand down their pants when we needed the vote the worst. Just not republicans but people in general don't do background research or they care less about voting, people in dictatorship countries would kill to have the right to vote in an honest election, and millions of Americans brush off the right like its no big deal. I had a buddy that drove all the way from Ca. to Chandler to vote in his precinct to put Romneys name on the ballot. Its disheartening what America is becoming.

http://usnews.nbcnew...cid=msnhp&pos=2

These people are motivated................and now they continue the plea of what the USA owes them............

Unbelievable! This is the issue gets me riled up the most.