Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Southwest Shooting Authority "If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome

Saw that this morning! What a bad deal that is. Unions are for unions and nothing more. Now where can I get a frozen twinkie!

Just a couple things unions made possible that people take for granted, daily: 8 hour work days, 40 hour work weeks, weekends, child labor laws, OSHA, minimum wage and whole lot more all brought to you from UNIONS!!!!! So if you think unions are the enemy, you are wrong. That is living breathing proof unions don’t just fight for union members. Our entire country benefits from unions and has for hundreds of years.

• Like 2

I present to you, exhibit A

18,500 jobs gone because of union bullying.

http://www.abc15.com...losing-for-good

Exibit B

Oops, forgot the attachment: http://online.wsj.com/public/page/executive-pay.html

The big wigs of this company gave themselves BIG raises prior to filing brankuptcy and then blamed the unions for being broke. And if you read the whole story, the Teamsters Union did work with the company. so to say all unions are bad, and to say unions are bullying here is just not correct.

PS not sure why or how this thread turned to unions after the original was about the gunstore up on the mountain.

• Like 1

Saw that this morning! What a bad deal that is. Unions are for unions and nothing more. Now where can I get a frozen twinkie!

Just a couple things unions made possible that people take for granted, daily: 8 hour work days, 40 hour work weeks, weekends, child labor laws, OSHA, minimum wage and whole lot more all brought to you from UNIONS!!!!! So if you think unions are the enemy, you are wrong. That is living breathing proof unions don’t just fight for union members. Our entire country benefits from unions and has for hundreds of years.

Guess the unions need to do a little more on my part - 12 hour days and 48 hour work week every other week. Not that I'm knocking them - just saying :(

You are absolutely correct!! Unions have done many great things for this country and to ignore them is disrespectful but by the same token Unions have also done considerable harm in the last few decades and to ignore that is naïve. All one has to do is look to the many

State, Municipalities and school districts that are on the verge of bankruptcy as a result of union demands.

• Like 1

I hate when people start talking about Unions as they are all the same ... Private unions (those for workers in industry) have lobbied to make many changes that are beneficial to all workers but they are a representative between the workers and owners/ stockholders of a company , and as of the last couple decades have used their power to make workers less accountable for work performance(much harder to discipline for job performance) while getting pay increases year after year... this causes a few things in the long term ...1- more jobs shipped over seas( why you think i phones are all built in china) ... 2- inflation and higher prices of goods since the stockholders and owners are not going to take losses they pass it on to the consumer ... 3rd- less productive workers ... This does not mean all private unions are bad and do not have a place in the current economic environment, but they should be policed since they have a vested interest in success of the industry

What is the real problems are comes down to Public unions ... since they are fed by tax dollars and taxpayers are never going away ... Public unions + collective bargaining ='s toxic waste and is one of the reasons we are in mess we have today in this country... These Union workers have almost 0 accountability and often get paid more and more regardless if what they are doing is failing and costing taxpayers more dollars year after year, huge pensions that make little since to any accountant on how they will be paid for and corrupt power in every aspect of local, state, and federal governments makes these Unions Toxic to all taxpayers

p.s. Unions tried for an 8hourday/40 hour work week all through 1800 and even going further back in England, but the actual real change to the 8hourday/40hour week came voluntarily by Henry Ford in his first plant and not because of unions but based on output and productivity ... Fords model was so successful that in many sectors of industry it was adopted as standard practice before it became law... Unions lobbied for it, but the fact is; many in industry were already doing it regardless of unions

Irregardless of the pros and cons. of unions. The circumstance with Hostess could cost alot of jobs. Greed based decisions, are not what this economy needs. That is why this country has become what it has......GREEDY....and a total lack of accountability on all fronts.

• Like 1

Funny reading the comments...........the one says as long as his money isn't going to some Muslim blah blah blah.................that is exactly what was voted for when that man was put back in for a second term.............so kiss your tax dollars goodbye to a "different" cause.............