Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

36a junior hunt

My two sons and I will be heading out Friday @ 3am for the youth hunt in 36a. Wish us luck. Normally we hunt the sierritas, but thinking of trying the Cerro Colorado's. Anyone that hunted the previous hunts feel free to share any info, tips, etc. Thanks in advance.

SCI hosts a Jr's camp just after you turn on the Batamote Rd, always a good spot to get pointers on where the deer are.

SCI hosts a Jr's camp just after you turn on the Batamote Rd, always a good spot to get pointers on where the deer are.

+1!!!! Stop by the SCI camp! Good information (and food!) there!

Good luck to your sons!!

S.

:)

My partner's son brought in the first coues to the SCI youth camp last night. Hopefully He'll give us the story.

Opening day Success !!! I thought that the bigger of the four bucks stepped out into the open, I was wrong. :( She was happy with her 2012 harvest. A 2x1 with kickers, some garbage and two drops. No we are off to get a javelina.

Took my daughter down for the weekend. We saw lots of does but were unable to locate any bucks. This was her first hunt and she said she had a great time and wants to do it again. That is all that matters is the experiences you have and memories made,. We mostly concentrated on mulies, where u guys seeing mule deer bucks or whitetail. Gonna try and take her out one more time during the week . Hope everyone has a great holiday season.

Opening day Success !!! I thought that the bigger of the four bucks stepped out into the open, I was wrong. :( She was happy with her 2012 harvest. A 2x1 with kickers, some garbage and two drops. No we are off to get a javelina.

Way to go Carlos!!!!! Congrats on your daughter's continued hunting/fun/success!!

S.

:)

• Like 1

JSULLY. We were finding the mulie bucks in the flats. They seem to like the thick mesquite and washes in 36a. We found a hill a few years back out in the low country. It doesnt look like much... just a lonely hill ... but we have taken 3 bucks from that area including this years buck.

Thanks for the response Mulie hunter. I have hunted in the unit for a few years and my son and I each got a deer on the first mule deer hunt this year. Just wasnt able to locate any bucks during this hunt in the usual spots. We were camped off of Batamote rd just passed the abandon ranch house and the corral and the base of the first hill. Talked with several people and all said that they were just seeing does. I was just wondering if people where seeing any mulie bucks, glad to hear that some were. Gonna try and get her out one of the days remaining just got to arrange it with work and school. Once again thanks and congrats to your party on a successful trip.