Elkhntr654

Leaving for elk camp today!!!

Hot early around stoneman lake rd. Id make sure you have layers and be ready to take off the jacket early. Their wasn't much wind but now a little breeze mid day. Was 62 around stoneman at about 11 but 31 at sun up. 60 in munds park now.

Departure time is noon on Thursday for me due to that four-letter word...WORK. Will get there with an hour or so of light left. Pops is heading up early Thursday morning. He doesn't have a tag...heck 4 weeks ago he was staying home...didn't want to go camp in the cold. Two weeks ago I could tell he wanted to go by the questions he was asking. At Thanksgiving dinner he told me he would go Thursday through Sunday. I knew all along he could not stay away from an elk hunt. It's in his blood. So glad he will be there with me.

Good luck to the rest of you.

• Like 1

I'm jealous. Saw at least 4 trucks loaded up and headed North on the I-17. Good luck guys!

Off to meet the hubs for his elk hunt. Good luck to all the hunters. Be safe

Good luck all, my hunting buddies with his 22k broken ankels is on his way up wish jlw could make an appearance. Tons of rag horns and spikes today lots of hunting pressure in southern unit not much northern half.