Sign in to follow this  
Elkhntr654

My 2012 trophy!!

I finally got my bull today after the five hardest days of hunting I have ever done. Day one starts with seeing a monster before shooting light. When the light comes I go after him! And nothing turns up. That afternoon i got on a monster and again nothing. Day two starts and agiain I'm on elk all day and nothing turns up. Sunday comes around and after a few hours I had two shots at two different spikes but I pass because I had the whole hunt off. Monday comes around and more hiking be it known I hikes the whole hunt no driving at all. I was on elk again all day but couldn't get a shot. Tuesday comes and no elk so at this point I'm feeling discouraged and ready to quit but my dad wouldn't let me. So this morning my dad thought of something different another spot where he always sees elk. So we begin our morning hike and at seven thirty were in them eight spikes together and this one presented himself at 375 yards give or take. So I take my first shot BOOM!!! And I hit him and he runs with the other bulls beyond our sight. So my dad and I run to the tree line where they were and we didn't see them for a few minutes then I see him again BOOM!!! I hit him again!!! But he wouldn't go down!!! At this point he was hurtin bad and I had one more opening so BOOM!!! Down he goes I walk to him and I'm filled with excitement and joy finally!!! He wasn't what I was hoping for but The Lord blessed me with meat on my table and its a hunt ill never forget! I wanna say thanks to my dad for pushing me to keep going and helping me get my 2012 trophy! I'm trying to post pics but don't know how

Congratulations!

Send your photos over to me and I'll post them up for you.

(My email address is in my profile)

congratulations!

happy dining!

James

Congrats. Glad your Dad pushed you bleeding feet and all. Way to stick with it. Good eatin this year!

Congradulations!! Way to hang in and thanks Dad! Aren't they great? Dads that is!! Nice pic and great story!! Thanks for sharing!