Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Takin a 1st timer dove hunting... little help please:)

Hi all! I'm planning to take my soon to be fiance(sshhh <3) for her 1st dove hunt. She'll be along just to learn what I'm so passionate about until I get her through hunter safety course & weapons training. I'd like to take her to a place we can sit & shoot @ fly overs/ fly bys. I usually hunt Lake Pleasant area but you gotta jump'em or go after quail. Unfortunately she's gotta bum ankle so a good set spot is what we need. I live in Phx so close would be great, but I don't mind traveling a bit to make it a good 1st experience. Any help is always appreciated. Maybe someone with a farm or ranch could be generous enough? I'm also willing to trade for a " Lake Pleasant hookup"wink,wink:-) Thanks & happy hunting!

Wasted post I guess.

Sorry, I don't know anywhere to hunt up there. Not much help around the site either, I posted a topic about ducks down south and I didn't get any help. If I knew anything about your area I would try but I don't so i hope it goes well for you though, good luck.

Thanks AZ_SHOOTER. The dove seem fairly scarce around. Good luck in your future hunting adventures!

robbins butte wildlife area just east of buckeye take I 10 east to gila bend turn off head south cross over gila river turn off and sign be on your right when you get on dirt road and you come to the split stay to the right leads to a bunch of fields pick a tree row evenings are best..it can be hit or miss but last couple times out training was enough birds keep you happy good luck

• Like 1

Thanks for the help MaydayRetreivers! We'll give a shot.....hopefully lots of shots:-)

sent you a personal message a couple days ago......

james

Christmas morning hunt was a big flop.

When I got to my spot it was 49 degrees and the wind was howling.

Saw one bird, dropped it, it was trying to fly in to the wind but was going slowly backwards, I didn't have to lead at all.

After spending 4 hours for one bird I hit the road to load up the horses for the trail ride.