Sign in to follow this  
jamaro

how much more growth

Hey Everybody

We have been out and about the last couple of nights and we have seen some nice deer. How much growth do you think the deer have left??

Jason

Down in South eastern AZ I'd say they are about 3/4 done growing, I see a couple of bucks that haven't forked their 3rd points and the end of their antlers there's bulbs. Give it a couple weeks and they'll be right at their peak I believe.

I've seen a couple of good ones also. I think they only have a week or two more of actaul growing then they harden up and start rubbing off the velvet. Its been my experiance to see the bigger bucks hard horned before the smaller ones. I think they grow until approx. the end of August.

Keven

I think they'll grow unitl first week in Sept. and then stop and start to harden up. Last year I missed a buck the last weekend of the early seaon still in velvet. I shot him with my rifle in Nov and he looked like he shrunk. ;) :)

I think we're really close to the end, maybe another week but not much longer.............

I just talked with Duwane Adams and he said that the bucks antlers harden up approximately September 15th +/- a week

I agree