pollohombre

Strip Super Raffle Buck

post-107-1155327518.jpgJust taken off the strip

I was sent this in an email. I don't know any details. But it is a PIG!

Rick

Great buck. Saw a post about this buck on MM. Crappy pic of the head did it no justice. This pic is much better. I think they said it is 42" wide :ph34r:

Heck should of let him grow a few more weeks , he might have made 43" :unsure:

Holy !$%^&^*& !!

Now my Hearts realy pounding for This Year!!!!!!!

Thats a BigUn!!! So this bucks, the super raffle Buck for

this year? Awsome!

Thanks for the info!!

Awsome Buck!!

That guy is huge!!!!!!!!!!!! alot off out of state hunters will be watching that is the only bad thing

That guy is huge!!!!!!!!!!!! alot off out of state hunters will be watching that is the only bad thing

What?

As somebody else said,this was the auction tag.There was a thread a few month's back about the auction and raffle tag's.I will say my opinion's again.The auction tag is selling our game to the highest bidder.This is wrong.How would a guy feel that has put in for the strip for 15 or 20 year's with out getting a deer tag in Arizona because there dream is the chance of shooting a huge non-typical.They finally get drawn this year and have been watching this buck.Guess what?because of money the guy will never have the chance.I know some of you will say that the money is needed. Well my response to that would be that I think the 60% to 70% increase next year for resident tag's would be enough.I have no problem with the raffle tag's,as long as they limit them to one per species.Just my two cent's about the future of our hunting.

Noel

I am with Noel on this one. The auction tag will let a you break the one deer per year rule. Letting someone potentially shoot two deer in a year just because they have a lot of cash is wrong. Just another small part of the moral degradation of our society. I also fully support the raffles and don't get me started on the fee increases due to funds mismanagement.

Didn't some rich guy, hunting with the MuleyCrazy crew, kill two book nontypicals last year. I believe he killed a 240" buck in Jan. 05 and then bought the same tag and killed a 295" toad in Aug. 05. It ain't right. It shouldn't be all about the money.

Noel is right. Imagine drawing a strip tag, you do all your homework and you've got that buck of your dreams patterned. Along comes money bags and shoots the buck that you have spent countless hours and your hard earned money scouting and patterning. And notice I said "shoot", cause in most cases he sure didn't hunt the buck. As you can tell I ain't a big fan of auction tags. Of course this is just my .01, can't afford the other .01 :P

68 resident tags at $24.50 plus 7 nonresident tags at $130.50 equals $25,795 for 75 unit 13b tags. Not even close to the 6 figures that one auction tag raises for wildlife.

I had a good friend that bought two of the Gov tags, hunted with Ryan's crew, and did not shoot a buck. He also bought a rez tag and personnally spent over 28 days hiking on the ground with his guide for one particular buck, and did not get a chance. He spent many months pursuing his goal of a 200" typical and never got one.

It's not always as simple as receiving a phone call and popping a buck "tied to a tree" the next day. Money may buy the tag, but it doesn't buy the buck.

I seriously doubt that a regular tag holder has spent the time in the field to repeatedly locate a buck enough to pattern him and then have the auction tag holder shoot him a couple of months before the season. If he was out there enough, he would have bumped into other guides before the season.

RR