punkrcker1344

Bowhunting Near Payson

its not called "finding" its hunting and as stated above you need to put in the hours and miles to make the reward worth it. You can take someones advice and find the game but it doesnt bring meaning to the term hunt-ing. In my mind if someone tells you everything about the area,game etc its not hunting its just killing. ( big game guides excluded) :D

Definitions of hunting:

hunt: the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport

hunt-search: the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone

hunt: the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts :D

there ya go eyeguards...thats what we all should of been saying....it doesnt matter about the kill, its the experience that really matters...ive had plenty of unsuccessful hunts but they were some of the best times of my life, and the memories will always be there. Just get out into the woods and hunt...if you dont see a buck then life goes on...u still had the chance to pursue gods beautiful creatures...isnt that enough?...the kill is the ultimate reward, but it doesnt define a successful hunt

Come on guys. Someone show the kid where some bucks are. If he really is a kid. Someone must know where a local forkee resides so the kid can fling some arrows. If he was down south I would at least show him the lay of the land. Bowhunter 12 just keep asking. If you live in Payson ask for info at the Walmart, at school or the local cafe. Payson people are very friendly and love hunting I am sure you will find someone to take you out and show you a few spots. In fact you may end up with a whole team of volunteer guides like I did on last years Elk hunt.

Bob

Come on guys. Someone show the kid where some bucks are. If he really is a kid.

I will vouch for this. I introduced him to the site out of kind of bad circumstances. :blink: I rear ended his mom's truck hardcore last week and we talked for a bit while the cop figured everything out.

BTW, has your mom gotten ahold of that ladies insurance company yet? I called three times last week, and they told me the lady hadn't called them yet, so they couldn't do anything. :rolleyes:

Even more reason to get the kid on a buck. Bass was obviously scouting(like we all do) instead of driving and now the kid dosen't even have a ride.

if want to shoot a buck,not caring the size go to big bug mesa,south of prescott. there are a ton of small mule deer. you will see a lot of hunters during the weekend. try during the week tuesda :rolleyes: y- thursday.you'll have the place to your self.mike

Even more reason to get the kid on a buck. Bass was obviously scouting(like we all do) instead of driving and now the kid dosen't even have a ride.

:rolleyes: Yep, that's what happened.... I was looking for some "whitetail" inside the city. *cat call* :blink:

I dont care the size i wanna shoot a buck even if its a spike, then ill start going for the bigger bucks, cause i havent seen too much and im getting dissapointed. and yes i am a "KID" im 16 and bowhunted for 4 years

dang u guys got me feeling all bad now :unsure: ...i sent ya a PM with some starting points bowhunter12

this should be titled "Hunters with Hearts"... ;)

Once again, well said Treestandman. I wish I could be 16 again just coming into the sport. These are the best times of your life. Every time you step into the woods you'll learn new things and every time you get back to your truck you'll be a better hunter than you were before. There's only one secret to hunting and that is time. Putting in the time and learning from both your success and your mistakes. I always seem to learn more when I fail than I do when I succeed. That's why it's ok to fail. While I don't know the exact whereabouts of any bucks up that way I can tell you to concentrate on areas with lots of those scrub oaks and broad leaf trees. I don't know if that's their official name or not. Maybe somebody who knows what I'm trying to say can clarify.

i feel bad too i thought it was someone just trying to get info off of us...we go to the same gym...i will talk with him there...hopefully we can lead him to his 1st buck :unsure:

I think this string is full of guys doing the right thing.

Is the kid gonna get help? Yep. At least one PM.

Bowhunter12, you are a blessed bowhunter to be living in Payson! Take the advice that all these guys have given you - it's all good stuff, and apply it to the area where you live.

And then consider the guarded attitude these guys have displayed about not wanting to give away specific spots - at least on an open forum. You should do the same thing because with your desire, you're gonna learn some good areas. You're gonna walk through a couple of pairs of boots and you're gonna know more than a whole bunch of guys can only dream of knowing. And a lot of these guys are gonna try and suck this knowledge right out of your brain - without having to do the work themselves.

Is helping people bad? Of course not! By all means help the folks who have a healthy respect for the sport, and the animals and the youngsters like yourself.

But be careful that you don't fall into the trap of blabbing information so that you can feel knowledgable and important. Use discernment like these guys have in this string.

This is healthy.

Go get 'em bowhunter12. And welcome to the forum!

Mike

Well said Rembrant. B)

I learned this lesson a couple years ago myself. I did a ton of scouting for elk, and found two really good spots. I made the mistake of opening my mouth one too many times, and lost those spots. The next thing I know this guy is trying to tell me where to go hunting, but they are the same spots I told him about! :blink: Now this year I put in for that unit again, and found out a little bit later that the guy I talked to then put in over seven other guys for the same hunt! ;) Loose lips sink ships.

:blink: me n bowhunter12 are gonna meet up at the gym...i will try to help him out as much as possible... ;) right on rembrant!