Sign in to follow this  
elkhutnaz

Done for another year

Got to chase deer tuesday afternoon, we were glassing in our pig unit and found a couple deer a mile and half away, after a rocket run to cover ground got into 6 deer, 2 bucks chasing a hot doe, watched my buck mount her 3 times in the mile long stalk and game of cat and mouse with them. Got to get a arrow into him tuesday night and left him for the night, getting back in at first light and found him in a bed and too weak to get up after a short stalk finished him off and the party was started.....

post-1940-328618_thumb.jpg

Andy You are a killing Machine!! Congrats my friend!!

Here are the pics!

2013deerfs2_zps2a908ce2.jpg

2013-01-2_zps4419dadf.jpg

Great buck! Where was the hit that he last that much blood and was still alive the next morning? Looks like he should have been dead within yards of those pools of blood! Congrats! I havent seen one that big yet but I will be out this weekend if I can kick this cold!

heck yeah! thats a nice lookin buck!!! it looks like somewhere in unit 27 by the terrain in the background... nice job! i am still looking to get me a nice one this hunt!

ps. were't you affraid to leave him overnight? saturday my boyfriend shot a buck and we left him awhile to run back into town and get flashlights, and we got word that a jeep scooped up a deer on the side of the road and hauled butt.... :( so dissapointing! cause he was at least 100 inches!

I shot him in 20b and didn't have much choice but to leave him...he was still up and I didn't want to bump him so I took the chance and left him,he didn't go 300 yards from the spot I shot him....there was no one around and we were confident he would be there in the am