Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Final wording for the Bait Ban

I just talked to an old friend that works for Evolved Habitats, the company that makes Deer Cane, and other flavored mineral blocks, like the one AZLance posted above. They were unaware of these new rules and potential loss of business in AZ. They had a company meeting, and will be adding to the words "Produced for the Livestock Industry" to the label of their wildlife products. This should make them legal for use in AZ. They said this will take some time to get this added to their label, and then get the product to market, but it is coming. This is good News!

• Like 1

sweet, they will put a lie on their package to get around a law. i guess you guys dont have a problem with people getting around laws/rules to take advantage of things (like welfare for example). seems to be the american way.

btw i never knew baiting was legal until all this crap but reading the new rules and looking up deer cane and reading the description im pretty sure it would still be illegal.

• Like 1

Are they going to change the name to COWCAINE? Cause deercain does not sound like a livestock product.

That said, deer are raised as livestock in some places. There is a DEER FARM in Williams. If you ever order venison or elk in a restaurant it is almost certainly farm raised.

:o

• Like 1

Are they going to change the name to COWCAINE? Cause deercain does not sound like a livestock product.

That said, deer are raised as livestock in some places. There is a DEER FARM in Williams. If you ever order venison or elk in a restaurant it is almost certainly farm raised.

:o

by chance do you know if they have any tags at these farms? :lol:

sweet, they will put a lie on their package to get around a law. i guess you guys dont have a problem with people getting around laws/rules to take advantage of things (like welfare for example). seems to be the american way.

btw i never knew baiting was legal until all this crap but reading the new rules and looking up deer cane and reading the description im pretty sure it would still be illegal.

From what he told me, their products are already certified under current regulations for livestock, but they have just never marketed them for livestock. So really there is No difference between a mineral lick for deer and a mineral lick for cows...

Great stuff here guys! Looking so hard for a loophole to try and gain annother advantage?! Funny. How many of our parents or grandparents combed the the rules in hopes of finding loopholes? We have far better equipment than ever before and yet we are trying to circumumvent laws...if you feel you must, then use SALT. The law is only confusing if you want it to be! Changing packages to get around laws....priceless!