Sign in to follow this  
azhoundcrazy

my first lion with my own dogs

they were in a den im guessing i caught her the next day off the same kill and when she was in the tree then you could really tell she had milk

Thanks for posting and congratulations on treeing her.

TJ

no thats karen i did take roscoe on this on but about a week later joe and i caught a small tom together and that was roscoes first lion that he had been on and he did a really good job. he stared trailing it first and when all the other dogs ran by the tree he had it located by himself and all the dogs came back after they realized they over ran it

Sounds like things are coming together nicely. I been out as much as I can. Tried the snow a few times but seems that 99% of the roads are closed by the FS. Khloe is gaining confidence and running tracks of her own. Had em on a hot bobcat track a couple weeks back but it gave them the slip. I think it may have treed in some thick stuff and they overran it. Tricky buggers. Sucks not knowing what happened. Gonna get after it again this week.

Keep up the good work!

right on man those bobcats are really hard to catch anyways lol so you catch one of them your doing good. i have only really been hunting three of my six dogs but roscoe and rooster are doing good tho just havent been able to find good enough tracks for those pups to let them start them and build some confidence but roscoe did trail a lion with two of joes dogs and he stayed right with them and was putting in a great effort just never caught it. started it to late in the day and it got dark on us