Sign in to follow this  
deserthunter23

San Carlos Tags

Hope everyones New Year Was great and some january bucks were taken.That being said,I just saw on the San carlos web site that tags will go on sale on Feb 1st for 2013-14,was a little confused because the list of hunts still had the old yr (2012) listed.Was just wondering if anyone has stood in line for the first day in recent yrs.I havent bought a tag in a few yrs mostly due to financials like alot of people,last time I bought a coues tag did it during the first week and was no line.Do they let you form a line the first day, and if so ,4 am get you anywhere close to the front :) .Just curious God Bless, good luck to all

get there early and be prepared for a fiasco ! also notice the little red box on the right on the san carlos website that says a new 4 percent sales tax, so now that $2,000 coues tag is more like $2,100 after the tax and other small fees. good luck ! i wish i could get another one-maybe someday

A guide with a non-member wanting a tag will be first regardless if your first in line...they usually charge anywhere from 200-400 to stand in line for you....last year the line started 5 days before the tag sale.... if your wanting a November hunt... it shouldnt be a big deal.... just the rut tags go fast

I have wanted to hunt on the res for several years, but I've been hesitant, because of the various rumors I have herd. How expensive are the November Hunts? Are they worth having? What type of Buck is expected on a November Hunt? If you wanted a November Hunt would you still need to be there on opening day or would sometime that week be o.k. Thanks for the info.

November is a descent hunt.... Ive guided that hunt alot.... You can expect to see alot of 90ish class bucks and the ocassional 100-110 class coues.... if its a dry year... water plays an important role.... if its more than normal moisture year.... deer will be scattered and most likely up high.... I reccommend being in really good shape.... Its alot tougher than the rut hunt...

1,200 is the price of the hunt and its a 9 day hunt in the 2nd week of November.... Some Units are better than others during this time.... It would be good to at least put in 4-7 days hunt to find a 100in class buck..not much pressure with only 15 tags available per unit... there is 4 units

I've hunted there a few times. The last time I stood in line for 5 hours and left without a tag. I will never go through that crpp again. I won't jump through their hoops again, but there are plenty of people who will.

It's a very good hunt, but for the money and hasle to get the tag I started hunting other states and have had a heck of a lot more fun. I would probably hunt there again if they went to a draw or something, but I will not stand in line all night just to watch the reservation guides come in just before you and buy up all of the tags.