wardsoutfitters

Ward's Outfitters 2013 Starting Out Great.

I can honestly tell you that I wish we had deer numbers that could handle outrageous harvest numbers, I really do but unfortunately thats just not Az...I guess maybe I will leave you with just one final thought on this whole thing. you said you have kids, as a hunter I will take the liberty of assuming that you look forward to sharing many future archery hunts with them, correct? If so, maybe way out what is more important, to have the chance to spend alot of the winter chasing bucks with them in the future or booking every last client that you can now to fill up that brochure book. I have seen what damage a greedy outfitter can do to oppurtunity and to local populations of animals. And no, I am not saying this is what Wards outfitters is. On the contrary, I hope you are the kind that wants to see all of our future generations get to have the same experiences we have enjoyed here. Guess in the end it all comes down to what is important to each of us. I am done with this, and to Steven I hope you and your kids get to have some neat experiences in the future together.

Mace

I guess the fact that archers only harvested 1200 or so deer in 2012 means we are harvesting too many.. The problem here is we have no idea how many deer were killed by gun hunters and we will never know. I have a bunch of really close friends that work for the department, I don’t diss like the department as a whole . I realize the department has done some great things, But how can they manage animals without proper data!!!! I just don’t understand it. Mace I can't even count on one hand hunters that care for the animals year round in the areas they hunt, Minerals, feed when needed, Water, fixing springs, predator control, the list is endless what we do for animals and wildlife while most are at home watching mash 4077. I will continue to work as hard as I can for all my clients. I will have great times with my children hunting and fishing, I will continue to help others that are not as educated in the outdoors. and I will continue to pray that our AZGFD Gets a clue and begins listening to there field biologist. Have a nice evening.

• Like 2

I personally hope G&F goes to a draw on all deer tags and mandatory reporting on all hunts. This will take care of a lot of problems previously discussed here. Otherwise G&F will continue to make restricting laws and closing units. What is wrong with a draw where out of state hunters are limited, hunters must choose their weapon, hunts stay open in December and most importantly all harvest are reported? This is the only way to properly manage the game. I know out of state people won’t like it nor the outfitters but I for one am all for it!

I believe that G&F needs to implement a fork antler limit on deer, as well as have a mandatory reporting for gun hunters. Way to many spikes are killed during the rifle hunts each year, which is bringing the quality of deer down.

You guys tore it up! Way to go Steven!

I believe that G&F needs to implement a fork antler limit on deer, as well as have a mandatory reporting for gun hunters. Way to many spikes are killed during the rifle hunts each year, which is bringing the quality of deer down.

In WA state, a 3point or better rule was implemented for Eastern WA mule deer game units. People griped negatively something fierce, my group welcomed the new rule.

now, 7 years later the quality and trophy level has markedly improved under less than ideal environment conditions for the mule deer herds.

to the point where a late season draw only trophy buck tag is a sure thing.....but regular season a hunter has better chances at a good branch antlered mule deer buck than years ago.

if you're going to have bigger bucks, the smaller ones need time to grow.

• Like 1

HOW DO YOU KNOW TOO MANY "SPIKES" ARE BEING TAKEN WITHOUT MANDATORY REPORTING?

HOW MANY IS TOO MANY?

JAMES

In WA state, a 3point or better rule was implemented for Eastern WA mule deer game units. People griped negatively something fierce, my group welcomed the new rule.

now, 7 years later the quality and trophy level has markedly improved under less than ideal environment conditions for the mule deer herds.

to the point where a late season draw only trophy buck tag is a sure thing.....but regular season a hunter has better chances at a good branch antlered mule deer buck than years ago.

if you're going to have bigger bucks, the smaller ones need time to grow.

I mean no disrespect about your guys opinions, But I could not disagree more. We do not need more regulations we need to practice self control. If you do not want to shoot spikes than don't. Mav I see in your avatar you have a pic of a spike bull and you look very happy with it, congrats, it did not take a giant bull for the smile on your face. With the regulations you want to see enacted you would not have that smile. I will pass on more mature bucks and bulls than most; to the point where my close friends are questioning my sanity. My Dad, one of my brothers and my brother-in-law will shoot the next thing with antlers that they have permits for their happiness equals yours in the spike picture. So by all means if you do not want to shoot immature animals than do not. I know I will not and many of the people I hunt with will not. It does not take regulation just self control. Back to the topic of this thread WOW you guys did a great job taking that many bucks in such a short time.

I agree with all the points Mace has made. I also agree with the previous poster that regulations regarding trail cam use are next. IMO I think the complete outlaw of baiting is needed/necessary and banning trail cams from during certain time frames (i.e. 30 days before season, through the entire hunting season) and/or prohibit use within 100 yards of a waterhole are needed. I'd actually be fine with outlawing them completely.

Wildlife cannot compete with the use of bait and trail cams, along with other various technological advances we have brought into the hunting world. If we continue at the pace we are at we won't loose the opportunity to hunt, but because success rates will be so high they will have to lower the tags to compensate. Prime example is the December hunts. They are much more active with the rut and easier to find....thus they reduce the number of tags due to the high success.

I'd rather get back to those times where we didn't have trail cameras, 1000 yard guns, etc., but continue to have the opportunity to hunt. Without the opportunity for the largest number of people to hunt we will have more that don't hunt and eventually more and more that oppose it.

Trail cams/baiting = hunters wanting the easy way out

These are just my opinions in this fine discussion!