Sign in to follow this  
3Coues3

Tagged out for the year!!

Got my first pig for the year in Jan. and decided to pick up another tag and chase these stinkers around some more! Picked up a H.A.M. hunt and decided to take the old smokepole out. Opening day I had to work but made it out friday night. We woke up to snow and heavy winds, we hunted hard all day to find a herd with about 30 mins of shooting light and to much distance to close the gap. Went back to the same area the next morning and had no luck re-locating the herd. We went back to camp packed up and decided to give it one more try for the weekend. With in a minute behind the glass we located a single pig. Knowing pigs rarely travel alone we watched the pig walk up and down the hill and then finally cross a entire hill side and lead us right to the whole herd that was hidden in a small draw. The wind was blowing real hard so we had to swing up and over the hill to stay out of the wind. Snuck within about 70 yards and that was all it took!! After I dropped my pig I called one back for my buddy and we made a double out of it!

post-6196-0-61418900-1360867713_thumb.jpg

post-6196-0-40131300-1360867723_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on your pig! Mind me asking what call you used to call them back in?

I used the J-13. I have had mixed results with the call 3 of 4 this year was a succsesfull call back the other one sent them running the other direction.