Sign in to follow this  
Coues&Bass

Roosevelt or Apache

Good time of year to get those smallies at Rosey .... rocky broken points on tonto side,,,, with gitzits or drop shotting craw plastics about a foot or two from bottom...

p.s. G&F says they are getting reports of the crappie bite starting good

Have not been since october but are hearing nothing but good reports of Apache with the opposite for Rosey.

With this warming trend this week I would guess the bass may move up and get hungry. Think I may hit the lake Saturday or Sunday. Any new reports from Rosey? Is There still alot of wood and junk floating in the lake?

My cousin fished Apache last week with 1 fish and another friend hit it on Thursday with 10 bass drop shot. I fished Saguaro a week ago from yesterday, with the crowd, 1 bass and last Thursday I left work early and had no bite at all on Saguaro. Beds are starting but not quite ready yet. The wife and I are heading for Rosy Thursday for the weekend. Might be a little early there also but beats staying home.

I'm thinking both ends will be muddy so just might camp at Windy Hill. Might have to drop down to Apache for a day if the wind comes up. Let me know how y'all do.

TJ

Went to Apache last Saturday from 9am to 7pm. It was snowing in the morning on the way there and stayed cloudy pretty much all day. It looked like a flash flood was coming through Pine Cove and Waterdog area. The water was chocolate brown from Box bay to Waterdog. We didn't have any bites til about 5pm. They were still out on the main points in about 25ft of water and water temp. was 52. The cold front made them pretty inactive but I bet after this week things will start picking up again.

My cousin fished Apache last week with 1 fish and another friend hit it on Thursday with 10 bass drop shot. I fished Saguaro a week ago from yesterday, with the crowd, 1 bass and last Thursday I left work early and had no bite at all on Saguaro. Beds are starting but not quite ready yet. The wife and I are heading for Rosy Thursday for the weekend. Might be a little early there also but beats staying home.

I'm thinking both ends will be muddy so just might camp at Windy Hill. Might have to drop down to Apache for a day if the wind comes up. Let me know how y'all do.

TJ

Good luck TJ. I'll be at Roosevelt tomorrow and then Apache on Thursday.

Brian

TJ

Good luck TJ. I'll be at Roosevelt tomorrow and then Apache on Thursday.

Brian

Can't wait to hear your report Brian. I knew you were going to jump in here somewhere. Good luck to ya. :)

TJ