Sign in to follow this  
Perkele!

Olympic Arms tells NY to shove it !

Very gutsy, unfortunately big ones like Glock or Remington will not have the intestinal fortitude to follow the example of the smaller outfits, if they did their board members and share holders would get hurt booo hooo.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/olympic ... MoII.email

There seems to be several companies including Cheaper than Dirt who are now refusing to sell to LE or any state agent in a state or city who passes overly restrictive gun laws. Remington, Smith & Wesson and the others need contacted by all to adopt the same stance. Fair is Fair.

Sorry Ghost Hunter, but wasn't it CTD that just relisted $900 AR's for around $4K to the public?

I'm all for any company that makes a stand and puts their money where their mouth is, and I am really proud of those American companies who have put their bottom line in jeapordy by sticking to their principals. I haven't seen that from Cheaper than Dirt - they were amoung the first to pull orders for ARs and high cap mags.

I'd rather support Midway USA, Yankee Hill, and those that took a stand for us, as opposed to those who immediately took sides with bigger interests against us - and I think Cheaper than Dirt falls into that second category. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I think you got that right Coach.

Well, CTD just proved me wrong, I got this in an email from CTD around noon today.

"Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'
2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment."

Still not a fan of the price gouging on AR's but I do like that they are taking this stance.

Another one to add to the "good-guys" list - Magpul has told the state of Colorado that if they enact the currently proposed "assualt weapon" and magazine restrictions, that Magupul will pull its buisiness and 600 jobs from CO. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/16/colorado-gun-bill-could-cost-state-hundreds-jobs/

Thats excellent. Maybe all companies will follow suit. Quit selling to the government. And move to gun friendly states. I am sure Arizona will welcome Magpul......with the exception of some of the libtards here in Tucson.

• Like 2

As for moving manufacturing plants, I read the other day that the Remington plant that makes the Bushmaster is actually in NY. I can think of several states that would like a new big company within their state.

When did CTD pull there ARs and mags? I know alot of people said this place and that place pulled guns and mags when all it was, was that they were out of stock due to the hysteria around a potential gun ban and high cap mag ban. Yes Dicks sporting goods comes to mind as one we know did that for sure but I didnt know CTD did this also at one time. If a place wants to sell a Colt 30 round USED gi mag for $99, go right ahead. I just wont be spending my money on that kind of item at that price.As far as companies moving to gun freindlier states maybe consumers should stop buying there beloved Remingtons until they show solidarity with there average Joe customers and quit putting revenue into a state that hates what you are about. I think speaking with your wallet can have a huge impact if more people would stick it out and carry through. Just my thoughts.