Sign in to follow this  
Lucafu1

Hunting question?

After you fill your tag can you still hunt predators while there is still a hunt going on? I always carrry a lion tag with me anyways but my father-in-law has always made a stink about carrying a rifle during a active hunt without a tag for that hunt. i dont see why not but like everything i am sure there could be a rule about it somewhere.

i always forget to ask a game warden when i do see them (not often) so id figure id ask her before this next hunt starts.

thanks.

I have always been told that the only season that you counot was elk. But dont no for sure about that. Now I have been checked by GF while a deer hunt was going on and I filled my deer tag I told him all I had was a lion tag he said let me see it no problems. If any thing look at the ars

The way I see it we live in The United States of America and one of our rights is to be able to cary a fire arm. If you want to hike in the winderness and cary a rifle it shouldnt matter if you have a tag that is filled or no tag at all. I always have a Lion tag because you never know when tou might glass up one of those Coues killers.

Sure if you are hiking around during hunting season with a rifle and no tag the Game and Fish is probably going to give you a hard time but.

I dont think they can legally do anything about it unless they have proof that you are attempting to poach.

The way I see it we live in The United States of America and one of our rights is to be able to cary a fire arm. If you want to hike in the winderness and cary a rifle it shouldnt matter if you have a tag that is filled or no tag at all. I always have a Lion tag because you never know when tou might glass up one of those Coues killers.

Sure if you are hiking around during hunting season with a rifle and no tag the Game and Fish is probably going to give you a hard time but.

I dont think they can legally do anything about it unless they have proof that you are attempting to poach.

Thats how I see it. I was just wondering if I was the only one (i am in my hunting group).

if you were not allowed there would be notes under the predators section that says so, but there isn't any such note.

If I remember correctly there were stipulations under squirrel hunting there was something about not hunting in units with ongoing elk hunts but that is long gone.

James

It used to be you could not hunt in a unit with an elk hunt going on except for shotgun shooting shot. G&F got rid of that rule a few years ago.....

ok thanks. maybe these old guys took that rule and applied it to every hunt or something. they are very over cautious when it comes to hunting and the rules.

It used to be you could not hunt in a unit with an elk hunt going on except for shotgun shooting shot. G&F got rid of that rule a few years ago.....

There used to be 2 closed hunts in Az - ALL OF the Rifle Elk hunts and ALL OF the Riufle Javalina hunts , the rule was to prevent buddy hunting... The rule made it illegal to have a center fire rifle in the field durring these hunt's unless you possesed a tag for the closed hunt! Small game and predator hunters were still permited to use shotguns shooting shot and rimfire rifles durring the "closed hunts".... This rule was deemed unconstitutional ...

There are no "closed hunts" in AZ now ... Whos to say that a guy with a big game tag has more of a right to hunt on public land than a rabbit hunter predator hunter or just some guy out and about and he decides to bring his AK47 along on his hike, technically you are not even required to have a hunting license to be in the field with a firearm!!!

Just imagine how pissed of a deer hunter in 13a or 13b gets when some guy goes out calling coyotes durring his hunt of a lifetime!!!