bowsniper

Bowhunter tries to close road with boulders on Saturday

I think I would have the unbearable call from mother nature :P

despite what the law says or how any one feels- that guys parents should be slapped! for the raising such a SH** HEAD :angry:

It goes with out saying any ethical hunter wouldnt do that- but where the F does he get off thinking he has the right to do what ever he wants to do?! GOD was watching and karma catches up to us all.

be advised that the law- of first come is to settle disputes of 2 or more hunters converging on a position(at aprox the same time) not to alow a **** head to trample over your annual labor and take up residence on a spot youve been hunting all year!

correct me if I am wrong but the hunt started months ago, 01sep is the first day of harvest.

bottom line there is no excuse or justification for his actions he is wrong, wrong as camping with rover and a jar of peanut butter! WRONG :angry:

Blocking the road or restricting access to public land-amazing what some people will do. You're nicer than me, I would be jetting that video and license plate off to the officials post-haste. A few years ago while archery hunting in the old 5Bnorth unit(many years ago in fact), I came across at least 8 ground blinds that had been set up at waterholes/seeps and wallows- all by the same guy. Each one had the same hand written note."I will be hunting here everyday during the archery elk hunt- find your own spot". Last time I checked, it's a little hard to sit multiple locations at the same time. I still sat some of them anyways-made my own blinds and never saw anyone at any of the locations. We as hunters need to be respective of other hunters . We all hunt on public land and it belongs to all of us.Try to work things out amicably but just because you have setup a blind, doesn't mean you own the wallow. keep a cool head and discuss it with the other hunter if posible- If they go into a profanity laced tirade- be the better person and move on. I'm a firm believer in karma and what comes around goes around. They will get theirs in the end. Happy hunting and luck to us all during the season- be safe

trufletch

MY .02

Here in NM...your chances of finding any tank that doesn't have an old ground blind is pretty tough especially in the Gila. I have three ground blinds and one treestand that I spent alot of time setting up for my Elk hunt this next week. There is no way I'll be hunting every blind every day. If I get to a tank and find someone sitting in the blind that I built, i'm SOL, I should have gotten there sooner. But if someone is sitting in my treestand that's a different story. I feel that the treestand is my property and another hunter has no business sitting in it. He is welcome to build a ground blind and sit the water hole no problem. But his arse better not be on my treestand.

"and that's all I have to say about that" Forest Gump

Good hunting all

I have my wife stand guard when i'm on a tank,if they get past her they're meaner than a wounded moma bear. :D :D

Just out of curiosity what are the main units this stuff is happening in? What happen to the good ol days? The sad thing is you are going to see more and more of this happening in the near future with all the hunters that are out there. For the people that are having this problem the only thing i can say is don't be afraid to do some walking (good chance to pack a few cold ones) there are plenty of places still out there that no one has been to!

Just my .02

Switchback!

It seems to me that blocking a road and taking someones blind/stand are two different things. I believe in first come gets the spot. I was up on the north rim last year and someone had a tree stand by a water hole. I went ahead and stayed on the water hole and no one showed up for the stand. So was I wrong, how do I know who else knows about the area or when they will show up.

Guest outback45

You know if i spent hours on finding an area and putting salt down and a stand and someone happened to find it and sit it i would be pist and definately say something. I understand I do not own the area and really the other hunter isnt doing anything illegal, but Its the fact that his lazy butt didnt spend the time finding a good area and and didnt put in the time. If i was to sit in someones stand and he happened to walk in the area ofcourse i would leave, without arguement. same thing with salt. Ofcourse if its a water hole anyone has the right to sit it. But if it was made by someone else and you knew that it was i guess it would be fine to sit it until the hunter came and then the right thing to do would be find another area.

I think that sometimes your "new" hot spot is someones old honey hole. I for one am not gonna search out the area for salt licks to make sure I dont upset anyone. Just because someone uses salt doesn't mean the area is his, there may be someone past or present who put the time and hard work finding the same place you just found. It's just a chance you take. Tree stands are a little different since they are used mostly by bow hunters and thats a whole different ball game. Work hard hunt hard and wake up early to beat the next guy to your spot. As for this boulder business, you might as well just make a sign saying "DO NOT ENTER, I found an awesome buck in this area". Thanks for the tip buddy!

I think that many people have a misconception about being an ethical hunter. What I mean by this is that everyone has their own thoughts on what the right and wrong thing to do is. My point of view is that I think that leaving a note at a tank saying the dates you will be there is just as bad as telling someone that this is your area and no one can hunt it. People need to understand that it is “A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS”. That’s all there is to it. I know that it can be very frustrating but you have to have respect for the other person that beat you there. I know that’s its wrong for someone to sit at a blind that has been built by someone else, but you have to realize that no particular area is assigned to a person. When the next hunting day comes, get up extra early and beat the guy there. I know people put notes at tanks to try to let everyone know that they will be there certain dates so there won’t be any confusion, but you have to realize that it may just piss people off even more. I hate walking up on a tank and seen a note saying “I will be here jan 25-27”. You can reserve you tank for a particular date…..Think about it. People just need tom learn to have respect for others and have respect for those hunters that beat you to a spot.