Sign in to follow this  
nutzos16

Tagged out for the year!

I hunted for 11days during archery with a javelina tag and deer tag in my pocket. I was able to shoot a pig on my first day but wasnt able to seal the deal in the hopes of tagging my first coues with a bow. Maybe next time. Anyways I picked up a left over javelina tag knowing I wasnt hunting for a while. I wasnt able to hunt the first 4 days due to work and was headed out tuesday. Lucky enough my best friend was able to take the day off and come along with me. That is great to have a partner when youre right next to the border. We went to a spot that I knew held pigs but I also know that they dont move until late morning. We saw a lot of white tail early morning but no pigs. With the way the wind was blowing we moved into a bowl that was covering the wind and still couldnt spot pigs. I knew they were holding tight due to the wind. I then told my buddy we had to walk and try to push them out. As I said that right below ua @ 400 yards I saw movement. And there they were. The stock was on! My goal was for my buddy to shoot first since he has never killed a javelina before. As we closed in I told him to walk slow and they should be about 50 yards. I stayed up top in hopes that they would run across the canyon and I would shoot @ 200 yards. He shot twice and missed and the pigs started running up the hill we were on so I hurried to cut them off and push them to the other side so we would shoot. And it worked I dropped mine @ a lil over 200 yards running. I aimed at the head and thats where I hit. All I have to say that .243 is a fast bullet and then my friend shot his running and made a great shot with his 22-250 hit him right on the shoulder. What an adrenaline rush! I was happy that my buddy got his first pig and I tagged as well

post-6723-0-80322000-1361974142_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on both pigs and thanks for sharing. I agree about having another hunter when hunting the border units and that just isn't right. :angry: To bad we can't receive rewards for shooting smugglers and drug runners. Yes, I'm servious! :)

TJ