Sign in to follow this  
jmall

canned bear hunt video

Very Lame. Dont care if idiot #1 sold bear to idiot #2 but trying to forge the trophy is very lame.

Just for the record I dont see that as hunting in the least. Nor is showing up at a ranch with baited bears under a stand hunting either. JMO

Very Lame. Dont care if idiot #1 sold bear to idiot #2 but trying to forge the trophy is very lame.

Just for the record I dont see that as hunting in the least. Nor is showing up at a ranch with baited bears under a stand hunting either. JMO

I agree with your first two points. Sad.

There was a time when I thought hunting lions over dogs was "cheating". My views have changed a little over the years. Not only because I've been fortunate enough to actually experience a lion hunt with dogs and seen what goes into it but also because of the conservation aspect of it all.

As I say this, I'm NOT condoning the "hunt" of cubby...

Not every species can be hunted the same. Not every state can be hunted the same. I'll give these fish and wildlife agencies the benefit of the doubt when it comes to legal methods of take before I jump to conclusions. It might not be my cup of tea but how else do you manage a herd that you can't glass in a forest that's super dense with vegetation?

How about hogs and hunting them over bait with a spotlight? I don't have a desire to do it but how else do you manage a herd like that?

Just my .02

• Like 1

Good points, Like you said not my cup of tea on some things. Good thing there are some out there who can do that type of managing. Now I don't have an issue with baited bears under a tree stand if I took the time to research and bait myself and did all the leg work to get the bears in and then I took one. I was thinking of paying 10,000.00 to someone a thousand miles away and flying in to a warm bed then getting hauled in a UTV to a spot where they have bears waiting for me. Dont think I would be happy in the end doing that. Or Maybe its because I don't have the ten grand. LOL

There is something invaluable in working for it for me. It keeps me sane from day to day doing the research, pouring over maps, hitting the field, for months before going after game.

I don't know if this has been posted before . This dirt bag is unbelievable, he gives hunters a bad name.
Negative. You have to be a hunter to give us a bad name. That sorry excuse for a human doesn't qualify.

I know a bit about this episode through folks I know. Idiot #1 is just that, idiot. There was no game management here, well not wild game management. The bear was a captive bear used in professional photographer sessions to capture "wild bear" pictures for magazines. This Greenly guy has a property nicely set up to get wildlife photos in a realistic situations. Greenly has (had) this bear that was very old and was missing teeth, he requested to have this animal uthanized from the USDA, where he holds a exhibitors license. USDA was okay with this request as the bear's health was deteriorating, but not the way he did it. Do to the way he decided to "uthanize" this bear, went against the USDA veterinary care, FWS Lacey Act, and Minnesota DNR policy and laws. It is amazing he isn't in jail, only $15000.00 poorer. FWS fined him the $15k and USDA had his exhibitors license revoked by court order. However, his revocation is in appeal and still operates today.

This is no way a procedure followed for game management. Just a guy trying make a buck and making it look like a real hunt. It is hard to believe Gentry went with that lie. But apparently he is no hunter, right? It is to bad the video link posted goes on and on about hunters.

I attached a link to the proceedings from his court appearance for license revocation. If your interested in reading.

http://www.dm.usda.gov/oaljdecisions/120822_11-0073_DO_MarvinLeeGreenly.pdf