Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Nerf Gun Suspension

A 6-year-old boy was suspended from the James McGee Elementary School in Pasco, Wash. for talking about his toy Nerf guns with classmates. The Pasco School District decided to overturn the suspension on Thursday after speaking with the child's parents.

On Feb. 28, Noah, a first-grader, was sent home after another student said she thought he had a gun with him when he talked about his toy Nerf guns that his family had recently bought him during a vacation.

The young girl who had overheard Noah reportedly stated that she felt her "health and safety were threatened." Noah was immediately suspended despite not actually having any toy gun, let alone a real gun, with him. Noah's father, Mike Aguirre, says he still punished his son for talking about the Nerf guns with classmates at school.

School officials said the issue is covered in the district's discipline handbook which Aguirre disputes, saying that there is no provision prohibiting students from talking about guns, toys or not.

The parents met Monday with district officials which resulted in Noah's suspension being downgraded to a "disruption," instead of a threat, despite no evidence of a threat ever being established. The parents also felt their son was singled out, pointing out that other students involved in the conversation received no punishment.

"After a review it was determined that no disciplinary action is warranted and all record of the incident will be expunged from the student's record," a school district statement sent to the Tri-City Herald said.

Just last January, children talking about a toy Nerf gun in the Bronx caused a lockdown at two elementary schools and a large police response.

The same month at a Long Island high school, a 6-hour lockdown was triggered due to a student's toy Nerf gun on campus.

In two separate incidents, two 6-year-old students in Maryland were suspended for simply making gun gestures with their hands. One said "pow" and the other simply made the gesture while playing "cops and robbers."

The statement of the little girl - ""health and safety were threatened." sound as if it were a coached statement!! Almost the exact same statement was used against me three years ago when I called the MCS to report an attemeted theft of my dog.... The lesbian that tried to steal my dog out of my jeep used it "health and safety were threatened." and claimed I had brandished a silver snubnose revolver .... The only gun I owned/carried was a blued 1911 longslide as I had traded the snubnose a month before the incedent! We had mutual aquaintence's at the scene and they must have told her of the revolver I previously owned!! LEO's use this term "health and safety were threatened." when questioning potential victims! A blantant words in the mouth coaching technique!!! There are plenty pf liberalA$$ LEO's and other government officials out there that do not support the second amendment and are looking to get law abiding folks into trouble!

when I was In 6th grade and i am 31 now i got suspended for having a squrt gun on the bus and it didnt even look look like a real gun.

Schools pound these kids with - "guns are horrible. If you touch one or even talk about one, your life will be turned upside down and you will be embarrassed in front of your peers." for 12 plus years. They do this for one reason, because when they turn 18, they vote.

A 6-year-old boy was suspended from the James McGee Elementary School in Pasco, Wash. for talking about his toy Nerf guns with classmates. The Pasco School District decided to overturn the suspension on Thursday after speaking with the child's parents.

On Feb. 28, Noah, a first-grader, was sent home after another student said she thought he had a gun with him when he talked about his toy Nerf guns that his family had recently bought him during a vacation.

The young girl who had overheard Noah reportedly stated that she felt her "health and safety were threatened." Noah was immediately suspended despite not actually having any toy gun, let alone a real gun, with him. Noah's father, Mike Aguirre, says he still punished his son for talking about the Nerf guns with classmates at school.

School officials said the issue is covered in the district's discipline handbook which Aguirre disputes, saying that there is no provision prohibiting students from talking about guns, toys or not.

The parents met Monday with district officials which resulted in Noah's suspension being downgraded to a "disruption," instead of a threat, despite no evidence of a threat ever being established. The parents also felt their son was singled out, pointing out that other students involved in the conversation received no punishment.

"After a review it was determined that no disciplinary action is warranted and all record of the incident will be expunged from the student's record," a school district statement sent to the Tri-City Herald said.

Just last January, children talking about a toy Nerf gun in the Bronx caused a lockdown at two elementary schools and a large police response.

The same month at a Long Island high school, a 6-hour lockdown was triggered due to a student's toy Nerf gun on campus.

In two separate incidents, two 6-year-old students in Maryland were suspended for simply making gun gestures with their hands. One said "pow" and the other simply made the gesture while playing "cops and robbers."

The statement of the little girl - ""health and safety were threatened." sound as if it were a coached statement!! Almost the exact same statement was used against me three years ago when I called the MCS to report an attemeted theft of my dog.... The lesbian that tried to steal my dog out of my jeep used it "health and safety were threatened." and claimed I had brandished a silver snubnose revolver .... The only gun I owned/carried was a blued 1911 longslide as I had traded the snubnose a month before the incedent! We had mutual aquaintence's at the scene and they must have told her of the revolver I previously owned!! LEO's use this term "health and safety were threatened." when questioning potential victims! A blantant words in the mouth coaching technique!!! There are plenty pf liberalA$$ LEO's and other government officials out there that do not support the second amendment and are looking to get law abiding folks into trouble!

I was wondering the same thing. How does a 6 year old get it out that their "health and safety were threatened".....unless they just live life in fear of every thing out there that moves...................I have also experienced the same sort of accusation in my family where accusations were made of "brandishing" a pistol.

And DB is right on, it is a fear indoctornation aimed at one thing......

I was wondering the same thing. How does a 6 year old get it out that their "health and safety were threatened".....unless they just live life in fear of every thing out there that moves...................I have also experienced the same sort of accusation in my family where accusations were made of "brandishing" a pistol.

I know what you mean when people falsely accuse us of brandishing a firearm. I got in a traffic altercation some years back. I merged into a lane and had the right of way and some guy took offense that I got there first. He started blowing his horn, flipping me off, and yelling at me. Being the hothead that I am, I jumped out of my truck at the stoplight and was ready to rumble, but he wouldn't get out of his car. The guy wrote down my license plate and called the cops and said I stuck a gun in his face. Next day I get a call from a detective at my place of business??, and said a complaint was filed against me, and he asked my side of the story. Told him I do carry a gun in my truck, but would never draw down in that kind of situation. I politely told the officer the whole story, and also told him if the guy would have got out of his car, I would have kicked his sorry butt into the middle of next week. The detective laughed about it, and told me to be careful, and to have a nice day. The guy in the other car was a classic example of the lying POS's in this country.

I know what you mean when people falsely accuse us of brandishing a firearm. I got in a traffic altercation some years back. I merged into a lane and had the right of way and some guy took offense that I got there first. He started blowing his horn, flipping me off, and yelling at me. Being the hothead that I am, I jumped out of my truck at the stoplight and was ready to rumble, but he wouldn't get out of his car. The guy wrote down my license plate and called the cops and said I stuck a gun in his face. Next day I get a call from a detective at my place of business??, and said a complaint was filed against me, and he asked my side of the story. Told him I do carry a gun in my truck, but would never draw down in that kind of situation. I politely told the officer the whole story, and also told him if the guy would have got out of his car, I would have kicked his sorry butt into the middle of next week. The detective laughed about it, and told me to be careful, and to have a nice day. The guy in the other car was a classic example of the lying POS's in this country.

We weren't so lucky.....the officer took the lady's complaint over our word.........long story and we drew the short stick...

when I was In 6th grade and i am 31 now i got suspended for having a squrt gun on the bus and it didnt even look look like a real gun.

I was a year ahead of you , I got out of 6th grade when I turned 30 ...... :blink:

Thanks to these Libtards and the Machiavellist sorry butt excuse of a gubmint of ours, heck bent on confiscating our liberties and rights to make sure there ain't nobody left to oppose their rummage sale of our country, we will end up with a generation of wusses and pushovers.

I ain't gonna let that happen to my kid. He's gonna be raised the proper way, hunting, fishing, camping, scraping his knees, climbing up trees and when necessary kicking some butt.

That's all I have to say about it. :angry: