Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Kenetrek boots

Anyone on here ever use the kenetrek mountain guide non insulated boot? What was your opinion and how long to break them in, how comfortable? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have a pair and I love them. They took a long time to break in, but now it's like putting my feet into a big marshmallow. They are VERY grippy so make sure you pick up your feet. They are very supportive, I carried 2 bucks out last year, one was a long haul, in steep pea gravel covered canyons and they were just awesome. If had to do it all over again, I'd buy the Kenetrek's again.

I love mine... but love the 400 gam modle even better!

What makes the 400 gram model better? I am deciding between those or the uninsulated

Idk, but as for me, I can never get drawn for the late hunts and insulated boots are worthless in 70 degs...

For what it's worth, I don't know if I could go without an insulated boot. Weather can turn for the worse even during early hunts and cold feet can make for a miserable time in the field. I hear they're great boots though!

I love mine... but love the 400 gam modle even better!

What makes the 400 gram model better? I am deciding between those or the uninsulated

Honestly it might just be me, but.... I think the 400's were even more comphortable out of the box... I don't sweat in either pair any different... the 400's are 2+ seasons older, but fir just a bit better for me and I just prefer them... could be a total personal preferance thing but I think there is more cushion in the 400's...

I bought a pair of Kenetreks last year hoping for a boot I couldn't wear out. I managed to put about ten miles on them during the break in period, but just couldn't get them to feel comfortable. In fact, they hurt my feet more than any other boot I have tried. So I went on a search to find a boot that would feel good and last more than one season. I ended up getting a pair of Solomon Quest's. So far they are working well and didn't take much to break in. They have the best ankle support in any boot I tried. Hope this helps, David

http://www.rei.com/product/780681/salomon-quest-4d-gtx-hiking-boots-mens