Sign in to follow this  
devilincatcountry

You can run but you can't hide!!!

This is a great day,and end to a week of heck.Prayers of thanks and support for everyone involved.Brings back some faith in America.

+ infinity! I think its an amazing feat to think in just 4 days, law enforcement and the FBI knew zero, had no intel whatsoever and 4 days later we we have 1 dead and 1 in custody. I truly hope our government treats the one alive as a terrorist and not a citizen crminal. They are saying they he willnot get to be mirandad. So let's hope they stick with it! Nice work and a job well done to Boston PD and the FBI!

I would question the no intel... They were warned of this guy 2 years ago from a foreign government. He left the country to a known al quada strong hold last year for 6 months, and lived a few blocks from the bombing. I think the FBI knew pretty well who they were looking for in the crowd pictures. Great news on bringing this to a close, but it's time to review what went wrong.

Even if they cleared him on the intial interviews and background checks 2 years ago, his passport had him out of the country and in known terrorist territory for 6 months last year. That alone should have had him back under scrutiny and surveilance. Which is why I think they knew who they were looking for early on.

• Like 4

Lets not ignore the violation of US citizen rights as they searched the city.......

I'm not sure what rights violations you are referring to. As I saw it everything they searched and asked citizens to do was voluntary. I have not heard of any home search which was initially refused. This search was no different than the man hunt for the cop killer in California, just more urban.

They did not read this guy his miranda rights. This tells me they are going to stash him away somewhere without a trial so that the media and others can't talk to him.

Sorry, but he is a US Citizen. Since they took him alive, he has a right to a trial by a jury of his peers. Now, I would hope that if convicted, he would get the death penalty, for sure.

We can't scream about the 2nd Amendment being compromised and turn around the very same week and tell the Gov't to squash someones rights to a fair trail.

• Like 4

The way this case plays out will undoubtedly be quite different from the how the Ft. Hood massacre is being handled. If we are to believe early analysis of the FB postings and family comments, they appear to have similar motivations. What I find curious is that there has been no headlines about the types of weapons used during the shootout and carjacking. From the sounds I have heard on the video clips, somebody was shooting a semi-auto. I read one report of there being over 200 rounds fired during the shoot-out where the older brother was killed, but that doesn't give any information on what the brother bombers were shooting.

They did not read this guy his miranda rights. This tells me they are going to stash him away somewhere without a trial so that the media and others can't talk to him.

Sorry, but he is a US Citizen. Since they took him alive, he has a right to a trial by a jury of his peers. Now, I would hope that if convicted, he would get the death penalty, for sure.

We can't scream about the 2nd Amendment being compromised and turn around the very same week and tell the Gov't to squash someones rights to a fair trail.

I thought the question of rights violation was referring to the population as a whole. I'm not sure what rights a citizen terrorist has, I do know they are slightly different than a non terrorist criminal.

For instance: Anyone can be taken into custody and detained if suspected of a crime. They have 24 hours to charge you, and that time can be extended first 12 hours by the police, then even more by a judge. In the case of terrorism they have 28 days to charge you. That's a huge difference. I would be very surprised if they didn't follow the law very close, we just probably are not aware of what the law is in this case.

I was not aware there are exemptions to the miranda rights, turns out there are and for a good reason (such as asking "any more bombs dip wad?"). I don't see this as an issue of eroding rights for the general population.

I'm pretty darn sure he will get a trial... he IS an american.

For me the bigger issue this shows is... yes there is a reason to have higher capacity magazines and an assault type rifle other than for hunting.

AZSHTR - My post about the right to trial by jury was not meant to be taken as a response to the other question about citizens being denied their rights. I do not believe the people of Boston were FORCED to stay in their homes. At least not from what I have read. In fact, when watching live reporting, I saw people out, driving, etc.

AZSHTR - My post about the right to trial by jury was not meant to be taken as a response to the other question about citizens being denied their rights. I do not believe the people of Boston were FORCED to stay in their homes. At least not from what I have read. In fact, when watching live reporting, I saw people out, driving, etc.

Fair enough... In that case I'm not sure what you were saying.

I think they did give him enough rights 1) they let him live 2) they followed the law regarding his Miranda rights in the case of terrorism... they didn't have to right away.

Are you assuming he won't get a trial? Or that exceptions to the Miranda rights shouldn't be in place?

I am saying all US citizens are guaranteed a right to a speedy trial by a jury of their peers and to be represented by an attorney. That has NOTHING to do with loopholes, it is one of the very things that this country was founded on.

I could give a crap less what some judge or politician did in this century to strip away that basic American right. We don't prosecute people in this country in the press or by what limited info we have been feed by the media.

IMO - Terrorist's and cold blooded murderers don't deserve anything fair. Way too many loopholes in the legal system.

how do you know they are a terrorist or murderer without a trial? Certainly not by snipetts on the TV or a 1,000 word article written in the NY Times or WSJ. The media in this country are a joke and completely agenda driven.