Sign in to follow this  
ciomber

22 north bull late rifle hunt

Hi guys new to the site, me and a buddy drew tags for the last rifle hunt in this unit planning this as a backpacking hunt and was wondering if anybody had contacts for pack out mule or horse services in case we are lucky? If anybody has a butcher/game processor they would suggest in the Payson, Pine/Stawberry area that would be great too. Thanks

I think khols ranch has horses for hire. Good luck on a very tough hunt. A few great bulls in the unit, but they will be in rough country. Look toward the rim in the steepest canyons you can find.

+1 for Browning.

Jeremy moved to Holbrook

Thanks guys, I think we can pack out on our own but wanted something just in case we hunt in the more remote areas near the western edge of the unit. Thanks for the info, this is a awesome website.

Jeremy moved to Holbrook

Seriously!?! He was the only guy I trusted up there.

Yep. I talked to him about two weeks ago. He is trying to work out something so he can get a trailer up there during the season to take in meat. If I hear anything ill let you know.

There are 2 guys that work for the county who pack out elk. The bull in my avatar is my son's first bull he killed when he was 11 in 22North during the late hunt. Those 2 gents offered to pack it out for free. Very good people.