Sign in to follow this  
elkslare

Trail Cameras, You got to love the things they can catch

I thought this was really good, but at the same time pretty sad that there are people out there that do this crap.

We Have a cabin about 2 hours from our house. We use it as a recreational piece that my family comes together to share hunt snowmobile bike ride ect. as well as alot of other people in this area. The parcels are 5 to 50 acre units.There is alot of space and trees in the area, and between the cabins. There are permanet residents as well as part timers like us.

Last week one of our neighbors cabin got broken into. he is a part timer like us as well as a hunter. A hunter that has trail cams. Well in his off season he sets up his trail cams on his property. On his driveway and in front of his buildings ect. Because he set up the trail cams he cought the two thugs that broke into his place and stold thousands of dollars from him. He was able to provide pictures from the trail cam to the police and the police used them to apprehend the two thugs. He had picture of there faces and there license plate on there truck.

The two guys that were apprehended turned out to be one of our neighbors in the canyon living amongst us, stealing from his friends and neighbors. How sad is that.

Now the SOB has to live amongst the rest of us knowing we all know he is a thief.

What a great way to use trail cameras though. they give great clear pictures if positioned right. I was thinking of putting a survailance cameras at our place, but I think the trail cameras will give better pictures for the money. Plus you can put them out on the driveway with out electricity.

Just thought I would share to help anyone else out there.

Good to hear a thief get caught. Too bad he will only get a slap on the wrist and not a slap in his teeth. We can only hope that one day the justice that he deserves will be served. I believe that Karma will one day inflict far more damage to him than our Justice system will. Congrats to your neighbor for catching a crook, and great way to use those cameras in the off season.

Curious to know if you're in the same neighborhood as us now. I know we got rid of one thief in our neighborhood and I haven't left anything at the cabin since we were hit once but I would like to know if there is another thief to watch out for.

No pictures as it was my neighbors place that got hit. It was in Washington so you all are safe. The sob is out already, with a slap on the wrist as 123456 said. Yes hopefully Karma will catch up to them.

They did recover all his stuff that was stollen. I think they recovered some other things from other cabins as well. Still early Have to wait to see how it all plays out.

Really surprised me they would do this to there neighbors. But I guess people like this, really do not care.

I use trail cams at my place for just this reason. So far all the pictures have been of people and critters that are honest. But I do have a file for the ones I don't recognize.

• Like 1