post-1277-1158645032_thumb.jpgSorry it's so dark but I couldn't help that. This is a 110-115 buck. He's a 3x4 not counting eyegaurds.

post-1277-1158645401_thumb.jpgAnother pic.

I saw 2 bucks over 100 and 4 other bucks ranging from forky to 90. Saw some good bulls to.

post-1277-1158645933_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1158645971_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1158646012_thumb.jpg

post-1277-1158646042_thumb.jpg

Nice find Jason, and some say the drought affected the horn growth. Yeah right ! I saw 2 Bulls that would go over 380 this past weekend and I've seen the biggest deer I've seen in years all this past few weeks.

Nice find Jason, and some say the drought affected the horn growth. Yeah right ! I saw 2 Bulls that would go over 380 this past weekend and I've seen the biggest deer I've seen in years all this past few weeks.

Are you smoking crack??? Not affected by the drought??? You and your buddies need to stick to your Coues and forget about the elk. I wouldn't doubt that you saw a 380 bull, I've seen them too, but they are not what they should be. The beam length and tops are not what you would like to see. There are a ton of bulls that are solid on their first 3 with ok 4th's and then dinky 5th's and are lucky to be pushing beams that are 50". Go take a look at this post http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...ic=3531&hl=

It says it all there with pics. Is a 380 bull a great bull??? You bet, but it is bummer that we aren't seeing most of the bulls full potential. I'm sure you are seeing some big deer. Look at the timing difference from when they drop their antlers and grow compared to the bulls. It was perfect timing for the deer, but too late for the elk. When you read the post notice that your buddies at Mullins agree.....

Hey THUNDERBOLT, thanks for doing that.

HUNT4HORNS, horn growth for elk is actually terrible this year so the fact that you found 2 bulls that would go over 380 is rare this year compared to last year. As for deer their horn growth is as good as I've ever seen it. The reason deer are good and elk are not so good is elk rely on winter snowpack to create spring and early summer forage because thats when they do most of their horn growth. Deer on the other hand do most of their growing in late summer so they depend on the monsoon. Feel free to P.M. me the location of those 380 bulls you saw cause I've been looking all summer and ain't found 'em yet! :D

I'll tell you what, I'm gonna go thru some pic's and I'll let you all decide if you like what I'm seeing.

Either way, good luck on your hunt and hope you get the guy .

Are you smoking crack??? Not affected by the drought??? You and your buddies need to stick to your Coues and forget about the elk. I wouldn't doubt that you saw a 380 bull, I've seen them too, but they are not what they should be. The beam length and tops are not what you would like to see. There are a ton of bulls that are solid on their first 3 with ok 4th's and then dinky 5th's and are lucky to be pushing beams that are 50". Go take a look at this post http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...ic=3531&hl=

It says it all there with pics. Is a 380 bull a great bull??? You bet, but it is bummer that we aren't seeing most of the bulls full potential. I'm sure you are seeing some big deer. Look at the timing difference from when they drop their antlers and grow compared to the bulls. It was perfect timing for the deer, but too late for the elk. When you read the post notice that your buddies at Mullins agree.....

Just take a look at the Raffle tag bull that was just killed, that is a prime example of what happened this year. It is unfortunate that bull only had a 378" rack, I would bet that bull scored in the upper 390"s last year, the fronts are huge and stay big up past the thirds but peeter out and his tops are shorter than they should be and very weak mass up top. It's still a great bull and those boys did a great job getting that bull, but just imagine what he looked like last year! I bet they have comparative video from last year to this year on that bull also and I bet we'll see that video sometime next year! I would be careful this year on what I would hold out for as far as score, If a 350" bull steps out..........he's gonna get whacked! I haven't seen many that score higher than that. JIM>

Hey Shortypants, I wish you would have just told me those pics were from our unit down South! That's about the size of the buck you are gonna find for me ...........right! ;)

Don't worry Jimbo, I roped him and through him in the back of my truck! He's in my backyard mowing my grass right now. In late Oct. he's goin down south with us for a little huntin' trip. I figure we pin him up around camp and hunt for a bigger one for 6 days. If we don't find one, well....................

I don't deny that the lack of water didn't affect the growth this year I would be ignorant to argue that, but what i am saying is there are some good animals out there not as many as we would all like to see but their out there. I have seen some good ones. Many people were wondering if the rain came a little late to even help the deer growth and my testimony is that Jason's find tells the story thats all.

FROM THE LOOKS OF THING ON THIS SITE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GO OUT ON A LIMB AND SAY THAT THE RAIN DEFINATELY WAS NOT TO LATE FOR THE DEERS HORN GROWTH!!

GREAT FIND SHORTPANTS! THATS A GOOD ONE!! THANKS FOR SHARING HIM!!