Read your bible daily........

I thank Jesus every night when I pray ;)

I always say a little prayer before I pull the trigger on my release or my gun. Mostly "God, let me hit the friggin' target this time!" :ph34r:

Prayers are the BEST ammunition I know :)

:) Best ammo for me too. Terry

I always say a little prayer before I pull the trigger on my release or my gun. Mostly "God, let me hit the friggin' target this time!" :ph34r:

MAYBE THATS WHAT I NEED TO START DOING... ON THE FIRST SHOT!!!

Read your bible daily........

Do you read your Bilbe daily. I try to, but not nearly hard enough. I need to read more. Here is a little something someone sent me it made me think......

Cell Phone vs. Bible

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones.

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it

What if we flipped through it several times a day

What if we used it to receive messages from the text

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it

What if we gave it to kids as gifts

What if we used it as we traveled

What if we used it in case of an emergency

What if we upgraded it to get the latest version

Its just something to think about

I'm not in anyway trying to make is a Christian or religious discussion forum I just noticed this topic and felt like I should share this with you all. I also agree that prayer is powerfull.

I sat in America West Arena one day at a Promise Keepers convention and one of the speakers compared reading the Bible to taking a drive or a stroll through the country. He did this because often times we think reading God's Word is a chore or drudgery.

Imagine walking through one of your favorite whitetail spots. You don't want to walk too fast because you may miss some details. Isn't it best to take a few extra steps over to that giant alligator juniper and just stand in wonder at its size and age? Then get on your hands and knees to look very closely at the old beds: pick up a hair or two - who's is it? Whitetail? Muley? Elk? Then sit there and think about the creatures that left the sign that you are reading. What were they doing there? Feeding, rest, cover? Isn't it wonderful that this information wes left there for you to discover? Maybe you should go wrestle with that old manzanita grove that you've been walking around all this time. This WILL take some work, but who knows what rewards you will find. Maybe a trophy pick-up? - something you'll want to keep with you the rest of your life.

Now take the effort to climb to that summit. It's really not that far, the exersize will be good for you. Break out of that forest, walk around to that open south-facing slope, now sit down - you are not in a hurry - and take it all in: the vastness, the granduer, the majesty. My Lord, my God! You have given this to me?!

Wow look at that! I've been through here many times, yet I've never noticed that before. That looks like a whole 'nother area to explore. Is there no end to these blessings?

When your walk is done, you feel so refreshed, so satisfied. You thought you knew that area well, but now you realize that you are really only beginning to understand what's going on in there. And you can't wait till you can find the time to go back.

And so this is how reading God's Word can be. Take your time. You are not gonna read it once and get it. The depth and wisdom is endless. Go find the cedar trees and the vast landscapes. Look at the details. Explore. The more you take in, the hungrier you will become. Our Creator will write His words on your heart and He will love you and change you from the inside out.

Mike

I sat in America West Arena one day at a Promise Keepers convention and one of the speakers compared reading the Bible to taking a drive or a stroll through the country. He did this because often times we think reading God's Word is a chore or drudgery.

Imagine walking through one of your favorite whitetail spots. You don't want to walk too fast because you may miss some details. Isn't it best to take a few extra steps over to that giant alligator juniper and just stand in wonder at its size and age? Then get on your hands and knees to look very closely at the old beds: pick up a hair or two - who's is it? Whitetail? Muley? Elk? Then sit there and think about the creatures that left the sign that you are reading. What were they doing there? Feeding, rest, cover? Isn't it wonderful that this information wes left there for you to discover? Maybe you should go wrestle with that old manzanita grove that you've been walking around all this time. This WILL take some work, but who knows what rewards you will find. Maybe a trophy pick-up? - something you'll want to keep with you the rest of your life.

Now take the effort to climb to that summit. It's really not that far, the exersize will be good for you. Break out of that forest, walk around to that open south-facing slope, now sit down - you are not in a hurry - and take it all in: the vastness, the granduer, the majesty. My Lord, my God! You have given this to me?!

Wow look at that! I've been through here many times, yet I've never noticed that before. That looks like a whole 'nother area to explore. Is there no end to these blessings?

When your walk is done, you feel so refreshed, so satisfied. You thought you knew that area well, but now you realize that you are really only beginning to understand what's going on in there. And you can't wait till you can find the time to go back.

And so this is how reading God's Word can be. Take your time. You are not gonna read it once and get it. The depth and wisdom is endless. Go find the cedar trees and the vast landscapes. Look at the details. Explore. The more you take in, the hungrier you will become. Our Creator will write His words on your heart and He will love you and change you from the inside out.

Mike

AMEN...