Sign in to follow this  
Zim

Unit 12 Late Deer Options

My buddy and I are one point below max for AZ deer and seriously considering burning points this year, as we have drawn only one other tag for a Sept elk hunt. Dates seem a little later than typical? Curious to get some thoughts. We are thinking of maybe 12B. Anyone been on any of the 12 late hunts lately? We are nonresidents. Thanks.

Hi Ken,

Considering you are an accomplished archery hunter, if I was in your shoes, I would consider the early archery hunts in 13B and 13A way before I consider burning points on 12B. They have killed a number of giant bucks during those archery hunts.

Nick

Thanks I thought about that the last few years. If I lived nearby and could put in some serious scouting, I would go that route. If I had the money to hire an outfitter I would also consider that. However, I do not. The archery success rate is not very high there. Also I prefer to hunt with my buddy who did not want to do the archery hunt. So we opted to apply for the 12AW late hunt. Should draw.

12a west has some monsters by sowats. weve slade a 223 inch 7x8 and a 178 inch 3x4 i love archery but i would hold out for the rifle hunt. a good outfitter woud be dwayn adams outfitters they got it down. i dont use guides there to expensive with some scouting youll be fine but dont get to picky