Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

Digiscope adapter - anyone use this one?

Looks pretty good. It's pretty pricing so looking for real end user feedback. Anyone have one that can comment good or bad? For the money it should be outstanding.

Thanks.

They work fine; however, if you are already carrying an iphone, the Kowa iphone adapter seems to work better. The Outdoorsman is supposed to have their own version as well.

Yup. I have this setup for my Zeiss spotter. It is light, compact and attaches quick/easy. They attach the adapter ring to the camera with epoxy, but doesn't interfere with normal camera operation. I used the camera alone in Hawaii with no issues. I love the elph camera. The scope adapter just threads onto the camera adapter ring when you want to digiscope, then slides onto the eyepiece. It really is as simple as the video shows. I know nothing about the smart phone adaters....maybe more economical.

They are the Bee's knees his legs and his arms. Best adapter I have found to date. Myself am all my hunting buddies have them. They re ridiculously easy to use. Just slide it over the spotting scope, zoom in, focus scope to the camera, hit record video and sit back and capture amazing video. I highly recommend the TinesUp adapters. You won't be sorry

I use the smart optix disgiscpoing field guide. It is awesome and I can use it with my case on. It is a universal adapter that works for any phone with any case on any optics or spotting scope. I had the tines up adapter, but I didn't like that I had to glue it to my case. If I get a new phone then I can keep using the Smart Optix. I think it is the best digiscpoing tool out there and for the price, it is a no brainer. It cost me $60.00.

we just bought it to attach to our spotter and use the hd cam for video. haven't had it out in the field yet but will in about two weeks. keep you posted

I have on and it works great. easy to use and fast to set up. iphone works good but limited zoom. with the tinesup camera is has great quality and a good zoom

Get a hold of Reggie at tines up. Order the adapter for your spotting scope or binos and have him send you the threaded ring. Then order the canon elph on amazon an jb weld the ring onto your camera yourself an save a little money. I did it this way. Sweet set up.

Get a hold of Reggie at tines up. Order the adapter for your spotting scope or binos and have him send you the threaded ring. Then order the canon elph on amazon an jb weld the ring onto your camera yourself an save a little money. I did it this way. Sweet set up.

Spoke with Reggie earlier today. He shared a lot of good advice.

I'm also looking at the swarovski DCA adapter which works with DSLR, camcorders and point and shoot cameras. It's a lot more expensive but seems to offer a little more versatility - anyone using one of these?

Since my smartphone is now my primary camera I bought the Outdoorsman's version and love it! Kind of pricey but high quality and works better than any other method I've seen in the past. If I get cell service I can even send pictures to friends before I come off the mountain. Best of luck!

I bit the bullet and purchased one last week. It arrived yesterday. It was packaged very well and came with clean and clear instructions. Had a chance to play with it a little bit today and was very impressed. Simple to use, great pictures, even better video. The quality of the images at exteme distances was exceptional. Took some hd video of a tree at over 1300 yards and you could see individual leafs. can wait to put it to use in the fields. Thanks for the feedback it is in fact a great product.

I use the smart optix disgiscpoing field guide. It is awesome and I can use it with my case on. It is a universal adapter that works for any phone with any case on any optics or spotting scope. I had the tines up adapter, but I didn't like that I had to glue it to my case. If I get a new phone then I can keep using the Smart Optix. I think it is the best digiscpoing tool out there and for the price, it is a no brainer. It cost me $60.00.

This is very good once it's on, but putting on and off to relocate moving game is tough. Slight bump of the spotting scope and your always adjusting.