Sign in to follow this  
awatson

Bartlett Report

Finally made it out there. Spent the night Saturday. We caught lots of cats under 14", a couple a little larger maybe 2 pounders. Used worms, live bluegills & livers. Caught everything on worms & livers. Nothing touched the bluegills. There were 3 other groups within a quarter mile of us. Everyone was having similar luck.

We went the Bartlett Flats area, and I'm just wondering if it's deep enough there. Anyone have any info on vehicular access points to deeper holes (I'm without a boat)? Everything North of the Bartlett Flats area is closed to vehicular travel. Or is there access to the river just north of Bartlett, that I may have missed?

Glad you guys had some luck at Bartlett!

Regarding the deep holes vs. shallow waters, I've had luck either way (depending on the day/time/etc..). I've caught big flatheads in the Bartlett Flats area in the past, generally at night. Seems like sometimes the big cats will come into the shallows to chase shad/bluegills.

Regarding up-stream access, there was a road we used to take that would head down a wash to the Verde and it would put us on the river just a few hundred yards from where the lake starts (depending on water level of the lake....). Do a Google Earch search, and you might be able to find it. We would night fish that spot sometimes and had some luck.

S.

:)

last I checked most of those roads closed after that big fire and never re opened..

you can get to the dang near horeshoe but you and 150 other people.

my dad used to take us down 1 of those wash roads and we would end up on the verde too.

James

That road is Indian springs and its closed

Feds stole that RAP and will likely never open it again.

The big cats will feed in the shallows at night.

+1