Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

beef steers

i've got 2 steers that i need to take to the butcher in the next week or so both around the 700 lb range i'm guessing. i'm getting ready to go buy another load of calves and need these gone to make room for them.... will know better when i get them on the scales... but anyway anyone want half a beef ( or whole) cut up and wrapped and butchered your way for $4.25 a lb?
thanks
tommy

This is good meat! I bought 1/2 a steer from Tommy on his last go around and its much tastier steaks than you'll get a the grocery store. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

were would it need to be picked up at? is that price for hanging lbs or butchered lbs

• Like 1

were would it need to be picked up at? is that price for hanging lbs or butchered lbs

Great questions. Also, what kind of cuts could one expect? Is there ground? Roasts? Filet mignon/porterhouse/t-bone cuts? I think a little more info would definitely fire up the interest even more! Hey, I wouldn't be asking questions if I was not interested! :)

• Like 1

Great questions. Also, what kind of cuts could one expect? Is there ground? Roasts? Filet mignon/porterhouse/t-bone cuts? I think a little more info would definitely fire up the interest even more! Hey, I wouldn't be asking questions if I was not interested! :)

I too am interested based on these questions

I'm not a butcher but I believe if you remove the while filet then there isn't going to be a Porterhouse of T-Bone cut but you can cut NY Strips. A Porterhouse (1 1/2" thick) is the same cut as a T-Bone (1/2" thick).

A T-Bone or Porterhouse is the fillet on one side and the NY Strip on the other.

"half a beef cut up and wrapped your way for $4.25 a lb" did answer those questions :) :) that is cut and wrapped meat.... half an animal or whole depending on what you wanted, cut the way you wanted... you get all the t-bones, roastes, and ground you want.... if you want the enitre animal ground then go for it... but steak thickness is your choice, pounds of ground your choice, 1 lb or 2 ln packages, how many steaks in a package your choice, size of roastes your choice... you get the pic, the half you buy CUT THE WAY YOU WANT IT CUT :) the butcher will cut it up to YOUR specs... anyway you want it... the only thing that would be extra is if you did speciality makes, like having jerky made, or summer sausage sticks or things of that nature... all standard cuts are included in the price....

this is homegrowm grass / alflafa fed NO hormones, great meat

i'm located in taylor