Sign in to follow this  
GOTMTNS

My first Grizzly in the wild

Just figured I would share a few pics of the Grizzly we had at my camp up here at work in the oilfields in Alaska. Had a couple encounters with Polar Bears last summer (my first one was at 50 yards while out of the cab of my tanker), but didn't get my first Grizzly till today.

post-5751-0-96199400-1372312703_thumb.jpg

post-5751-0-74216800-1372312690_thumb.jpg

post-5751-0-02899500-1372312667_thumb.jpg

post-5751-0-46553800-1372312656_thumb.jpg

Been a great last week. Spent 3 of my last 4 days home before flying up Monday afternoon scouting/re acquainting myself with my elk unit since its been years since I hunted it, and had a lot of great sights scouting. Found some big bulls in velvet, kicked a nice black bear and on our way out crossed paths with a single cow being stalked by a coyote (think the rest of the pack had the calf and he was the pusher). Only been back up here since yesterday and have a heard of muskox, few hundred caribou, foxes and now the griz. Hoping when I go up in the helicopter next week to help check ice pack, that we see a few more polars.

Alaska, the last great frontier. I dream of one day hunting bears and fishing halibut over there while watching eagles soar.

Wow! What a job! Always wanted to see a griz.

Seeing the animals and the scenery are what I love up here. Give me a second and I will post my polar pics from last year.