Sign in to follow this  
AGFD News

AGFD news Wildlife News - June 29, 2013

<ul>

<li>ADOT, Game and Fish host major conference on transportation planning and the environment </li>

<li>Webcast on proposed license structure, fees now available for on-demand viewing </li>

<li>Public comment sought on proposed fishing regulation changes </li>

<li>Amended Article 3 rules affecting hunters take effect July 1 </li>

<li>Boaters should focus on safety over the busy July 4 holiday </li>

<li>Provide comment on draft revision of hunt guidelines for 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 seasons </li>

<li>Governor signs HB 2551</li>

<li>Bear treed in Sierra Vista successfully relocated </li>

</ul>

View the full article

I really cannot understand what these people are trying to prevent with these regs.

No bones in the meat, or meat on the skull.

We now have to debone our meat and boil the skull prior to "importing" our meat, or spend the money to process it locally...and the cost of another trip to pick up the meat.

Explain to me how we are going to transfer CWD to our state with our non-processed meat?

Throw the meat out the window, let the grass absorb the virus and have the deer/elk eat the grass. Or throw the skull out the window? Why not ban the importation of hunting boots freshly used on a hunt?

Seriously azgfd, explain this to me!

hello - could you please provide information - link- where you got the info and what you are talking about - so others can understand what you are trying to say

I believe what is being referred to is located in the PDF document attached to the "Amended Article 3 rules affecting hunters take effect July 1" section.

On pages 13-14 it states:

"I. An individual may possess, transport, or import only the following portions of a cervid lawfully taken in another state or country:

1. Boneless portions of meat, or meat that has been cut and packaged;

2. Clean hides and capes with no skull or soft tissue attached, except as required for proof of legality;

3. Clean skulls with antlers, clean skull plates, or antlers with no meat or soft tissue attached;

4. Finished taxidermy mounts or products; and

5. Upper canine teeth with no meat or tissue attached.

I guess because I never get to hunt out of state - it doesn't bother me - why would anyone want to haul a whole carcass across state lines anyway and as far as clean skulls etc - same thing

Keeping antlers clean of tissue shouldn't be an issue - why would you even be transporting the skull if it wasn't going to a taxidermy.

where does it state anything about processing out of state meat ? deboning is as easy as pie - cutting and wrapping meat and having it on ice protects it - equals less meat waste - extra trips - ??

just be glad they don't demand you bring it in for inspection before entering the state - where you must contact them for inspection / samples before bring any game meat taken in another state

Sign in to follow this