Gonna be my first time going after bears this year. I am WAY excited! I am planning on using my 30-06. What load would you all recommend? Would 180's be too much?

Gonna be my first time going after bears this year. I am WAY excited! I am planning on using my 30-06. What load would you all recommend? Would 180's be too much?

My first bear was taken using the exact gun and load you are inquiring about, so it is not too much.

Awesome! Thanks! I was just wondering, cause I have heard of people using 125's for them. Congrats on your most recent bear by the way! Great story.

I'd use whatever your gun likes. If you use 150's for deer and they group well, stick with those. Good luck!

• Like 1

Cool! I have some 180's leftover from an elk hunt last year. Sadly, I didn't get to use them. :-(

I'll Be Using My 300 Wsm With Either 168 Ttsx, (Load I Used in Africa) Or 180 Accubonds.... I'm Just Starting To Play With The Accubonds...

• Like 1

Remington 700 in 30-06.

Remington 700 in 30-06.

my favorite all around rifle. Great for the kids, wife and myself. Hard to find a rifle with that much versatility without buying several guns.

/>

Remington 700 in 30-06.

my favorite all around rifle. Great for the kids, wife and myself. Hard to find a rifle with that much versatility without buying several guns.

Yeah, that is why I went with it. I originally was interested in a .308. Great gun. Just doesn't have the flexibility in ammo that the 06 does. I also have a 30-30 marlin, which I love. Lever action of course. That is what I normally hunt deer with. I needed an elk rifle though. :-)

Why not just use your 30-06 for everything? As the saying goes, "Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it."

• Like 1

/>Why not just use your 30-06 for everything? As the saying goes, "Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it."

You know that is probably what I am going to end up doing anyways. I was actually going to let my little brother start to use my 30-30 on hunts. That leaves me with my 06.