Like coueshunter84 said the Bitzenberger is adjustable so you can put different angles on your vanes. You can also use a straight or helical clamp with it. With the faster setting glues we have now days you also have more control of how you are gluing the fletches on over some other jigs. It is slower than an ezfletch but you have better control and more options.

Do you know what brand and type of fletch you are using that is coming off?

I am not sure what type of fletchings I have that are coming off. All that I know is that I am shooting Easton Carbon Storm 50/65 arrows. I was looking at my whisker bisquit and my fletchings are not hitting the tighter packed hair in the bottom. So I am not sure what is making the fletchings come off. I am going to run out to either Sportmans Warehouse or Cabelas tonight and talk to the archery people out there and get me setup with a flething setup to use.

Thanks for all of your help guys I really appreciate your help since I still know nothing about this archery stuff yet.

The reason I ask is that I and some others have had trouble with a certain 2" vane coming off that fastset gel does not work well with. If you are buying glue, I would suggest to buy goat tuff glue.

I learned something from you, I didn't know Sportsmens and Cabela's had archery people :)

The reason I ask is that I and some others have had trouble with a certain 2" vane coming off that fastset gel does not work well with. If you are buying glue, I would suggest to buy goat tuff glue.

I learned something from you, I didn't know Sportsmens and Cabela's had archery people :)

Well I am not sure if Sportsmans does or not but I know that Cabelas has a few good archery guys there.

You will need to know what vanes you are putting on. Some vanes use fast set glue some use slower drying glue. Some need to be cleaned with acetone some do not. If you do not use the proper glue they will fall off. With a Whisker Biscuit your best bet is Bohning vanes and Fletch-Tite glue. I say Bohning because they are stiff and will not wrinkle as fast with the biscuit.

Young hunter,

Everthing Bownut says is the truth. I wished I lived in Phoenix and could go straighten him out :)

Fletch tite is kinda slow but I can tell you I have never had a vane go away that was glued on with that.

That glue takes time as does a btzenberger.

Use a well ventalated area.

Old school remedy: Scrub the shafts with cleaser (comet or ajax) rense them clean. Don't matter if they are carbon or aluminum.

Take a Q tip and dip it in laquer thinner and gentle wipe the vane with it. Whoops, did I say acetone? It will evap in a couple seconds. Then apply the glue ( ).

There is no way a wiskerbisquet or any other crapy rest will take a vane away.

Bottom line is...if the vane is glued on correctly, nothing can take it off.

My bad!! do not use acetone. Use Denatured Alcohol. Not sure why I said acetone?

I thought they only used Denatured Alcohol in hospitals where illegals couldn't pay their bills?

I also heard that one major bow manufature in my area uses the same stuff.

My garage is not regulated by the united health care of Arizona, thus my vanes stick.

As I said, use a well ventalated area.

I get my Denatured Alcohol at Home Depot. It is cheaper than the hospital unless you got some connections!!

We use acetone to clean aluminum arrows it will take vanes and nocks off in no time. But I have heard it will break down carbon arrows and make them weak. I guess if they are over splined that would be ok.LOL!

Younghunter---- This is what I would do if I were you.

Buy DURAVANES, they do well going through a whisker buiscuit, very quiet and light. With the duravanes, purchase a tube or two of "bohning archery instant gel". Your vanes will never come off without a knife or razor blade. I've used the blitzenberger for years in 2 archery shops I used to work at, but now just use the AZ eazyfletch. It is very easy and fast. I'm sure there are lots of right answers, but this is what I would do personally. Acetone is great for cleanining or preparing aluminum shafts before fletching. It also works on carbon arrows if wiped on very lightly and quickly.

Mike

I just got some Duravane Predators. They are Duravanes answer to Bohnings 2" Blazer. They are one grain lighter per vane and have a little smoother texture so I would say they would be a little quieter. They are almost as stiff. The instructions say no base cleaning or prep. and to use Duraloc adhesive. Has anyone used the Duraloc adhesive before? Has anyone tryed fastset gel or goat tuff on these vanes?

For carbon arrows, I take everything off I can by scraping, which is usually all everything but some of the glue, and most of the time that also. Then I run a piece of very fine sand paper over the area across the grain. Not more then one or 2 full twists, Just enough to "rough up" the areas for the fletchings. Then an alcohol prep to clean off the dust from the sanding. then good to go with the fletching. I usually save up arrows and fletch a bunch of them at once. One stage at a time. I also use the dab on the tip of the fletching to keep them from peeling. I have never had any come off by themselves.

Good luck, with the experimenting.